FANDOM


  • Live Delta
    Live Delta closed this thread because:
    I want this thread to die.
    00:36, June 15, 2016

    This is probably a pointless/weird thing to talk about, but I feel like it's worth adressing.

    WHAT THE HECK IS WITH TUMBLR TURNING FANS INTO FANATICS?!?!?!?

    Like seriously, has anyone noticed that? On this wiki, reddit, and to a lesser extent deviantart, SU fans are pretty chill and nice. But on Tumblr, some SU fans are fricking psychos! Now I'm not saying EVERY SU fan on Tumblr is a jerk. I actually know quite a few SU fans on Tumblr who are genuinely nice and funny people. I just think it's weird that most of the "bad" SU fans are only on Tumblr. It's as if Tumblr has these subliminal messages that increase aggression.

    I think we need to point out to people on Tumblr who got a bad impression from these guys that we're not as bad as they think we are. But that's just my opinion. What do you guys think?

      Loading editor
    • No, I completely agree with you. Tumblr is a place filled with horrible, hypocritical, and just all out awful people. They get so worked up over the silliest things-even going as far as forcing Uncle Grandpa crew members to leave Tumblr due to death threats.

      I get so enraged every time I go on the "SU" tag, such hate-filled comments directed at certain characters (Lars, Ronaldo, heck even Pearl and Amethyst) talking about how some ships are "abusive relationships" They're also the ones who started the whole "green Dorito and Cheetos puff" things-encouraging everyone to come and vandalize our wiki. >:(

        Loading editor
    • http://gashi45.tumblr.com/post/115581569650/i-was-not-going-to-drew-whiten-skin-of-garnet

      I was led to the above link earlier today and was in disbelief with the fandom! This artist, in broken English, was defending her fanart of Steven Universe. Why? The fandom gunned her down for making Garnet's skin lighter than it really is.

      Seriously?! SERIOUSLY?! Over freaking color pallets?! Tumblrina's need to get a life and so do some of the Steven Universe fans. Fans who criticize every single aspect of everything from or about a show are not fans, they are nuisances and pests.


      DISCLAIMER: I'm not saying ALL Steven Universe fans are this horrible, just the ones that seems to get under people's skin just because they don't like it. This fandom used to be so calm, and then the MLP:FiM attacked and messed it all up.

        Loading editor
    • LarsMars wrote:
      No, I completely agree with you. Tumblr is a place filled with horrible, hypocritical, and just all out awful people. They get so worked up over the silliest things-even going as far as forcing Uncle Grandpa crew members to leave Tumblr due to death threats.

      I get so enraged every time I go on the "SU" tag, such hate-filled comments directed at certain characters (Lars, Ronaldo, heck even Pearl and Amethyst) talking about how some ships are "abusive relationships" They're also the ones who started the whole "green Dorito and Cheetos puff" things-encouraging everyone to come and vandalize our wiki. >:(

      I gotta be honest here... I actually kinda like those nicknames and thought people changing up the wiki was pretty funny :T. Please don't judge me for that.

        Loading editor
    • Spacepirateklix wrote:

      LarsMars wrote:
      No, I completely agree with you. Tumblr is a place filled with horrible, hypocritical, and just all out awful people. They get so worked up over the silliest things-even going as far as forcing Uncle Grandpa crew members to leave Tumblr due to death threats.

      I get so enraged every time I go on the "SU" tag, such hate-filled comments directed at certain characters (Lars, Ronaldo, heck even Pearl and Amethyst) talking about how some ships are "abusive relationships" They're also the ones who started the whole "green Dorito and Cheetos puff" things-encouraging everyone to come and vandalize our wiki. >:(

      I gotta be honest here... I actually kinda like those nicknames and thought people changing up the wiki was pretty funny :T. Please don't judge me for that.

      Nah, I understand, Its no problem! I just wasn't a fan of them because a lot of us (including me) had a HUGE influx of sock-puppet accounts that started changing the names CONSTANTLY. It was very stressful and after a while I got sick of them.

        Loading editor
    • LarsMars wrote:
      No, I completely agree with you. Tumblr is a place filled with horrible, hypocritical, and just all out awful people. They get so worked up over the silliest things-even going as far as forcing Uncle Grandpa crew members to leave Tumblr due to death threats.

      I get so enraged every time I go on the "SU" tag, such hate-filled comments directed at certain characters (Lars, Ronaldo, heck even Pearl and Amethyst) talking about how some ships are "abusive relationships" They're also the ones who started the whole "green Dorito and Cheetos puff" things-encouraging everyone to come and vandalize our wiki. >:(

      Tumblr is the reason I still use Facebook. Less stress, more restrictions to prevent idiocy like this.

        Loading editor
    • We can get pretty crazy here, too. Remember that time someone made a thread about Pearl and accidentally spelled her name "Pear"? It's like, "hold the phone, that isn't her name but it's very similar!" XDDDDDD

        Loading editor
    • Gnx486 wrote:
      We can get pretty crazy here, too. Remember that time someone made a thread about Pearl and accidentally spelled her name "Pear"? It's like, "hold the phone, that isn't her name but it's very similar!" XDDDDDD

      Yeah, it was pretty funny in March, died down in June, and just annoyed me when it continued into 2015.

        Loading editor
    • I was mostly being facetious.

        Loading editor
    • Lord Peridot in Canada (Noone is giving in up), have the fans in tumbler been hated.  I've seen about 3 cases and was immediatly disgusted.  YouTube and the Wiki are the only places I go (Sometimes twitter), and there all nice and friendly.  But I continue to hear the bad and spoiled parts of SU, mostly on tumbler.

        Loading editor
    • RnR

      As Tumblr user myself, I've see all kinds of fanbases act like jerks. To me, the SU fandom thing just another reason why I stopped being a part of them all together.

        Loading editor
    • I'm glad that I'm not the only one who noticed this. They're really a cringe worthy part of tumblr.

        Loading editor
    • One of the main reasons I don't use tumblr :/ people kept telling me to make one, but after doing abit of browsing *shudders* I think i'll past >_>

        Loading editor
    • LarsMars wrote:
      No, I completely agree with you. Tumblr is a place filled with horrible, hypocritical, and just all out awful people. They get so worked up over the silliest things-even going as far as forcing Uncle Grandpa crew members to leave Tumblr due to death threats.

      I get so enraged every time I go on the "SU" tag, such hate-filled comments directed at certain characters (Lars, Ronaldo, heck even Pearl and Amethyst) talking about how some ships are "abusive relationships" They're also the ones who started the whole "green Dorito and Cheetos puff" things-encouraging everyone to come and vandalize our wiki. >:(


      Amen

        Loading editor
    • RnR wrote:
      As Tumblr user myself, I've see all kinds of fanbases act like jerks. To me, the SU fandom thing just another reason why I stopped being a part of them all together.

      Again I must ask.... WHAT IS UP WITH TUMBLR TURNING FANS INTO JERKS?!?!?!?!?!?

        Loading editor
    • Spacepirateklix wrote:
      RnR wrote:
      As Tumblr user myself, I've see all kinds of fanbases act like jerks. To me, the SU fandom thing just another reason why I stopped being a part of them all together.
      Again I must ask.... WHAT IS UP WITH TUMBLR TURNING FANS INTO JERKS?!?!?!?!?!?

      Tumblr doesn't turn fans into jerks. Fans that are jerks often flock around tumblr, but not all of them are jerks, there are actually some nice ones; a rare breed, I might add.

        Loading editor
    • Judgekoo wrote:
      Spacepirateklix wrote:
      RnR wrote:
      As Tumblr user myself, I've see all kinds of fanbases act like jerks. To me, the SU fandom thing just another reason why I stopped being a part of them all together.
      Again I must ask.... WHAT IS UP WITH TUMBLR TURNING FANS INTO JERKS?!?!?!?!?!?
      Tumblr doesn't turn fans into jerks. Fans that are jerks often flock around tumblr, but not all of them are jerks, there are actually some nice ones; a rare breed, I might add.

      Yeah, I know that there are nice fans on Tumblr. I actually follow a bunch of nice and funny fans on there. It just weirds me out that most bad fans flock around Tumblr ONLY. 

        Loading editor
    • Judgekoo wrote:
      Spacepirateklix wrote:
      RnR wrote:
      As Tumblr user myself, I've see all kinds of fanbases act like jerks. To me, the SU fandom thing just another reason why I stopped being a part of them all together.
      Again I must ask.... WHAT IS UP WITH TUMBLR TURNING FANS INTO JERKS?!?!?!?!?!?
      Tumblr doesn't turn fans into jerks. Fans that are jerks often flock around tumblr, but not all of them are jerks, there are actually some nice ones; a rare breed, I might add.

      ^Thank you. I spend most of my time on tumblr/was part of the tumblr fandom before snooping around the wiki. I actually don't think nice fans are a rare breed. However, I do near exclusively follow artists, so maybe I just haven't found the negative blogs. 

      There have been times when Tumblr fans have been commendable: their acceptance of Stevonnie was pretty great, and their apparent loyalty to the crew is cool too.

        Loading editor
    • Spacepirateklix wrote:
      Judgekoo wrote:
      Spacepirateklix wrote:
      RnR wrote:
      As Tumblr user myself, I've see all kinds of fanbases act like jerks. To me, the SU fandom thing just another reason why I stopped being a part of them all together.
      Again I must ask.... WHAT IS UP WITH TUMBLR TURNING FANS INTO JERKS?!?!?!?!?!?
      Tumblr doesn't turn fans into jerks. Fans that are jerks often flock around tumblr, but not all of them are jerks, there are actually some nice ones; a rare breed, I might add.
      Yeah, I know that there are nice fans on Tumblr. I actually follow a bunch of nice and funny fans on there. It just weirds me out that most bad fans flock around Tumblr ONLY. 

      Well, that's tumblr for you. A cesspool of the worst people a fanbase has to offer aside from the nicest you can meet.

        Loading editor
    • Eh, I feel like every fanbase has some people with low moral and emotional intelligence. If anything it's just a symptom of the fanbase getting bigger in the wake of the season 1 finale.

      Still, Tumblr has few rules and it is too big for the admins to actually enforce them effectively, so the fights that break out there can get really nasty.  Plus it's a very popular site, so there are most likely some people who go there with the intention of getting "internet famous."  Our little wiki community is relatively hidden and small enough that it is probably fairly easy to keep things under control.  Plus, most of us found the forums by contributing to the wiki itself, so I think we tend to be more interested in analyzing the show than venting to other fans.

        Loading editor
    • Actually, a smart Tumblr user brought out this post:

      SU Fandom: Thank God we kept the Bronies out of our fandom. Can you imagine how toxic they would've made it?

      SU Fandom: *bashes fanartists if they don't draw characters to their specifications in every single piece of art they produce* SU Fandom: *tries to prevent skinny cosplayers from cosplaying as Rose Quartz*

      SU Fandom: *erases the worst aspects of Jasper's personality in order to ship her with Peridot and Lapis, despite Malachite proving the latter highly abusive*

      SU Fandom: *draws Lapis as buddies with Peridot and Jasper despite how obviously she hates them and wants to be away from them in canon* SU Fandom: *bashes Say Uncle and tries to find anything and everything problematic with the episode and Uncle Grandpa itself, ignoring the fact that the episode was basically 100% self aware and calling the SU fandom out for their bs*

      SU Fandom: *loves every fat character except Greg, who they accuse of being abad father to Steven until they see the younger, thinner, cuter version of him, who they immediately start adoring*

      SU Fandom: *makes posts attempting to discourage men as a whole from getting into the show/relating to it, because it's for 'women and nb folks only' while at the same time tried to erase the fact that Ruby and Sapphire were female-presenting nonbinary lesbians*

      SU Fandom: *is slowly turning toxic and gross without help from any bronies*

      SU Fandom: So glad we tag our porn under something kids can't find! After all, this is still a kids' show, and we need to set good examples for kids :)

        Loading editor
    • SunnyRainyDays wrote: Actually, a smart Tumblr user brought out this post:

      SU Fandom: Thank God we kept the Bronies out of our fandom. Can you imagine how toxic they would've made it?

      SU Fandom: *bashes fanartists if they don't draw characters to their specifications in every single piece of art they produce* SU Fandom: *tries to prevent skinny cosplayers from cosplaying as Rose Quartz*

      SU Fandom: *erases the worst aspects of Jasper's personality in order to ship her with Peridot and Lapis, despite Malachite proving the latter highly abusive*

      SU Fandom: *draws Lapis as buddies with Peridot and Jasper despite how obviously she hates them and wants to be away from them in canon* SU Fandom: *bashes Say Uncle and tries to find anything and everything problematic with the episode and Uncle Grandpa itself, ignoring the fact that the episode was basically 100% self aware and calling the SU fandom out for their bs*

      SU Fandom: *loves every fat character except Greg, who they accuse of being abad father to Steven until they see the younger, thinner, cuter version of him, who they immediately start adoring*

      SU Fandom: *makes posts attempting to discourage men as a whole from getting into the show/relating to it, because it's for 'women and nb folks only' while at the same time tried to erase the fact that Ruby and Sapphire were female-presenting nonbinary lesbians*

      SU Fandom: *is slowly turning toxic and gross without help from any bronies*

      SU Fandom: So glad we tag our porn under something kids can't find! After all, this is still a kids' show, and we need to set good examples for kids :)

      Yep, basically.

        Loading editor
    • SU Fandom: Do that.

      Person: *Does*

      SU Fandom: Not like that...

      Person: How do I do it then?

      SU Fandom: *Does same thing* Like that. 

        Loading editor
    • Treating a fandom like a single entity is never a good idea.  People will always have opposing opinions, even if they share similar interests.  You can't really call a fandom out for being inconsistent, because it was never "consistent" in the first place.  Blaming an entire group for something a few fans did is just sloppy in my opinion.

        Loading editor
    • While I agree completely, I must say that it DOES depend on where you're searching. In my experience on Tumblr, the people in the SU people are really sweet and kind people. While some people tend to be really rude and horrible people, you can't really go around defying an entire website's "version" of a fandom based on a handful of people. A good friend of mine (both IRL and on Tumblr)recently got into the show and she's the biggest sweetheart you'll ever meet.

      you can't look at a minority of people and say it represents a majority. Stuff like that will get you nowhere 

        Loading editor
    • Goldfish400 wrote:
      While I agree completely, I must say that it DOES depend on where you're searching. In my experience on Tumblr, the people in the SU people are really sweet and kind people. While some people tend to be really rude and horrible people, you can't really go around defying an entire website's "version" of a fandom based on a handful of people. A good friend of mine (both IRL and on Tumblr)recently got into the show and she's the biggest sweetheart you'll ever meet.

      you can't look at a minority of people and say it represents a majority. Stuff like that will get you nowhere 

      Yeah, and I know a good chunk of really funny and nice SU fans on Tumblr as well. It just weirds me out that most bad SU fans are ONLY seen on Tumblr.

        Loading editor
    • LarsMars wrote:

      SunnyRainyDays wrote: Actually, a smart Tumblr user brought out this post:

      SU Fandom: Thank God we kept the Bronies out of our fandom. Can you imagine how toxic they would've made it?

      SU Fandom: *bashes fanartists if they don't draw characters to their specifications in every single piece of art they produce* SU Fandom: *tries to prevent skinny cosplayers from cosplaying as Rose Quartz*

      SU Fandom: *erases the worst aspects of Jasper's personality in order to ship her with Peridot and Lapis, despite Malachite proving the latter highly abusive*

      SU Fandom: *draws Lapis as buddies with Peridot and Jasper despite how obviously she hates them and wants to be away from them in canon* SU Fandom: *bashes Say Uncle and tries to find anything and everything problematic with the episode and Uncle Grandpa itself, ignoring the fact that the episode was basically 100% self aware and calling the SU fandom out for their bs*

      SU Fandom: *loves every fat character except Greg, who they accuse of being abad father to Steven until they see the younger, thinner, cuter version of him, who they immediately start adoring*

      SU Fandom: *makes posts attempting to discourage men as a whole from getting into the show/relating to it, because it's for 'women and nb folks only' while at the same time tried to erase the fact that Ruby and Sapphire were female-presenting nonbinary lesbians*

      SU Fandom: *is slowly turning toxic and gross without help from any bronies*

      SU Fandom: So glad we tag our porn under something kids can't find! After all, this is still a kids' show, and we need to set good examples for kids :)

      Yep, basically.

      I wouldn't say the entire SU fandom is becoming "toxic" because of this. Like I said, this kind of thing only happens on Tumblr. (I have no idea why, but that's how it is)

        Loading editor
    • Eh, Tumblr is just a larger site, so it's obviously gonna have more jerks and idiots. And becuse the site is so big, it's really easy for a conservation to get crazy.

        Loading editor
    • Live Delta
      Live Delta removed this reply because:
      Necropost
      00:35, June 15, 2016
      This reply has been removed
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message