FANDOM


  • Last One Out of Beach City is one of Best Pearl-Centric Episode in my personal opinion to be honest..... It gave Pearl more character development as she is finally let go of Rose and move on by dating a HUMAN girl?!

    I know you guys think Mystery Girl will NOT play any MAJOR role but Pearl still got her phone number and most likely come back since Crewniverse don't do One-Off Characters

    But the point is do you approve her being Pearl's girlfriend? Yes or No?

    If you say Yes, Give your reason of why you approve this?

    If you say No, Give your reason of why you disapprove this?

    Update: Cartoon Universe ranked Last One Out of Beach City as Number 1 of Pearl Episode! What a coincidence! :)

      Loading editor
    • Pearl got married though

        Loading editor
    • I hate the idea with fervor so "No".

      Why? 

      1-MG is a new character without a single line so, how could I approve that? who is she? NOBODY! 

      2-MG is just like Rose so it destroys Pearl's progress as a character everybody knows why it would destroy her advance.

      3-I don't like when the writer creates a character with the only purpose of shipping it with another character. I prefer two well written characters that could finish as a couple.

      4-MG doesn't have a real role in the story, she could be just "her girlfriend" who is not important for the story and in my opinion her existence is pure fanservice. 

      5-Since Lauren Zuke isn't part of the crew anymore and she created Mystery Girl I don't think we'll see her again, maybe cameos. We'll see but this is my opinion.

      "Update: Cartoon Universe ranked Last One Out of Beach City as Number 1 of Pearl Episode! What a coincidence! :)"

      So strange! the rating was 1.3 mill, just like the whole season 4 and very very low. And I don't have any idea how could CN consider THAT ONE was her best episode since we got "Sworn to the sword" and like a ton of them that were better. Of course it's possible they chose by mean of a poll on intenet where there's a concentration of LGBT fans looking for  a girlfriend for Pearl and they have the tendency to vote...many times.

        Loading editor
    • InvaderAda wrote: I hate the idea with fervor so "No".

      Why? 

      1-MG is a new character without a single line so, how could I approve that? who is she? NOBODY! 

      2-MG is just like Rose so it destroys Pearl's progress as a character everybody knows why it would destroy her advance.

      3-I don't like when the writer creates a character with the only purpose of shipping it with another character. I prefer two well written characters that could finish as a couple.

      4-MG doesn't have a real role in the story, she could be just "her girlfriend" who is not important for the story and in my opinion her existence is pure fanservice. 

      5-Since Lauren Zuke isn't part of the crew anymore and she created Mystery Girl I don't think we'll see her again, maybe cameos. We'll see but this is my opinion.

      "Update: Cartoon Universe ranked Last One Out of Beach City as Number 1 of Pearl Episode! What a coincidence! :)"

      So strange! the rating was 1.3 mill, just like the whole season 4 and very very low. And I don't have any idea how could CN consider THAT ONE was her best episode since we got "Sworn to the sword" and like a ton of them that were better. Of course it's possible they chose by mean of a poll on intenet where there's a concentration of LGBT fans looking for  a girlfriend for Pearl and they have the tendency to vote...many times.

      You're thinking of Cartoon NETWORK. Cartoon UNIVERSE is a youtube channel, and is pretty much the same thing as the Roundtable and other channels of that nature- talks of Steven, and Star, and Gravity Falls, and all of the same/similar theories that come with those shows.

      I... can't say anything on Mystery Girl YET, again, because we don't know anything about her. She LOOKS like Rose, and that bothers me a bit, but aside from that, we don't know if she's just like Rose (Although I'm pretty sure her gothic look indicates a departure from Rose, personality-wise). if there's anything I know about Steven Universe, it's that the writers don't pull any punches when it comes to making fantastic characters- Pearl, Andy, Greg, Peridot, Jasper, Lapis- the list goes on, so the chances of MG being just as fantastic are...optimistic.

      As for her purpose in the story, most people assume she's going to play a part in helping Pearl get over a problem of hers, in an almost-guaranteed Pearl-Arc that should culminate with our new Rainbow Quartz like in Amethyst's recent arc. I don't know HOW she'll help, but that's what people are saying, and it would make the most sense.

      Another thing- Lauren Zuke doesn't just "Create LGBT ships" for her own gain. she can't just write an LGBT ship because she feels like it- it's gotta be approved. She was NOT the only one who said "yeah, this is a good idea!", and nobody on the team was simply humoring her or letting her do whatever she wanted. Bottom Line- it's not her fault, people need to stop singling her out.

        Loading editor
    • RidleyKraid187 wrote:

      I... can't say anything on Mystery Girl YET, again, because we don't know anything about her. She LOOKS like Rose, and that bothers me a bit, but aside from that, we don't know if she's just like Rose (Although I'm pretty sure her gothic look indicates a departure from Rose, personality-wise). if there's anything I know about Steven Universe, it's that the writers don't pull any punches when it comes to making fantastic characters- Pearl, Andy, Greg, Peridot, Jasper, Lapis- the list goes on, so the chances of MG being just as fantastic are...optimistic.

      Optimistic, eh? well it depends on what you think is a good character, she could be good like Uncle Grandpa. The writers have written poor, boring characters too. Some characters have been written by the whole crew without any significant improvement, those are bad characters and that's all. You can find in the wiki which ones were written by Jeff, Lamar, Paul, etc but are the same flat characters. 

      RidleyKraid187 wrote:

      Another thing- Lauren Zuke doesn't just "Create LGBT ships" for her own gain. she can't just write an LGBT ship because she feels like it- it's gotta be approved. She was NOT the only one who said "yeah, this is a good idea!", and nobody on the team was simply humoring her or letting her do whatever she wanted. Bottom Line- it's not her fault, people need to stop singling her out.

      Lauren Zuke didn't just created LGBT ships, the crew created fanservice. Hits at things could neve happen. Fanservice is made to please your public but that's it. That was the disagreement Lauren had with her boss. Let's guess the crew wanted all those Lapidot, etc scenes then, why Lapidot couldn't be canon? Zuke was angry at that. Since it was the crew from your point of view the creator of those LGBT ships, it means the crew created ships weren't supposed to be canon, just fanservice and it could be a precedent. 

        Loading editor
    • Nah, I ship Pearl and Greg

        Loading editor
    • I'm neutral about this ship, but i also agree with InvaderAda a bit

        Loading editor
    • No, I think it would be bad to make them a couple right now. MG does not have a backstory, maybe when she does it would be ideal.

        Loading editor
    • I do approve. Why? Mystery Girl looks a lot like Rose. This will definitely be brought up again. God what a good plot can be made out of that.

        Loading editor
    • pearlmethyst for ever

        Loading editor
    • DapperPearl wrote:
      pearlmethyst for ever

      True

        Loading editor
    • DapperPearl wrote:
      pearlmethyst for ever

      Kudos to this.

        Loading editor
    • DapperPearl wrote: pearlmethyst for ever

      Same.

        Loading editor
    • InvaderAda wrote:

      RidleyKraid187 wrote:

      Another thing- Lauren Zuke doesn't just "Create LGBT ships" for her own gain. she can't just write an LGBT ship because she feels like it- it's gotta be approved. She was NOT the only one who said "yeah, this is a good idea!", and nobody on the team was simply humoring her or letting her do whatever she wanted. Bottom Line- it's not her fault, people need to stop singling her out.

      Lauren Zuke didn't just created LGBT ships, the crew created fanservice. Hits at things could neve happen. Fanservice is made to please your public but that's it. That was the disagreement Lauren had with her boss. Let's guess the crew wanted all those Lapidot, etc scenes then, why Lapidot couldn't be canon? Zuke was angry at that. Since it was the crew from your point of view the creator of those LGBT ships, it means the crew created ships weren't supposed to be canon, just fanservice and it could be a precedent. 

      Sources on that disagreement? Why COULDN'T Lapidot be canon? I mean, besides all the people who would go ballistic because their ships were sunk.... We have three homosexual couples on this show already, Peridot and Lapis are obviously close, what's the issue? Why would the crew create something that's "not supposed to be canon", and put it in the show? Something doesn't add up there; there's nothing logical about that scenario, I don't buy it.

      Back on Mystery Girl- I don't even care anymore. Ship her with whoever's going to bring her a nice, emotionally stable place. If that's Mystery Girl, Amethyst, Greg, or god forbid Rose Quartz, I don't care.

        Loading editor
    • RidleyKraid187 wrote:
      Lauren Zuke didn't just created LGBT ships, the crew created fanservice. Hits at things could neve happen. Fanservice is made to please your public but that's it. That was the disagreement Lauren had with her boss. Let's guess the crew wanted all those Lapidot, etc scenes then, why Lapidot couldn't be canon? Zuke was angry at that. Since it was the crew from your point of view the creator of those LGBT ships, it means the crew created ships weren't supposed to be canon, just fanservice and it could be a precedent. 
      Sources on that disagreement? Why COULDN'T Lapidot be canon? I mean, besides all the people who would go ballistic because their ships were sunk.... We have three homosexual couples on this show already, Peridot and Lapis are obviously close, what's the issue? Why would the crew create something that's "not supposed to be canon", and put it in the show? Something doesn't add up there; there's nothing logical about that scenario, I don't buy it.

       https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FGF71DUC0NA For several reasons a disagreement could explain many inconsistencies in the show and the characters since the season 2

      Ships that aren't supposed to be canon just fanservice are a great way to get an active interested fandom, shipping wars are very effective as they proved in Adventure Time (Finn had 3 different ships). And usually fanservice makes people happy, however in Western products they call it ship baitting especially if the ship isn't straight

        Loading editor
    • InvaderAda wrote:

      RidleyKraid187 wrote:
      Lauren Zuke didn't just created LGBT ships, the crew created fanservice. Hits at things could neve happen. Fanservice is made to please your public but that's it. That was the disagreement Lauren had with her boss. Let's guess the crew wanted all those Lapidot, etc scenes then, why Lapidot couldn't be canon? Zuke was angry at that. Since it was the crew from your point of view the creator of those LGBT ships, it means the crew created ships weren't supposed to be canon, just fanservice and it could be a precedent. 
      Sources on that disagreement? Why COULDN'T Lapidot be canon? I mean, besides all the people who would go ballistic because their ships were sunk.... We have three homosexual couples on this show already, Peridot and Lapis are obviously close, what's the issue? Why would the crew create something that's "not supposed to be canon", and put it in the show? Something doesn't add up there; there's nothing logical about that scenario, I don't buy it.

       https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FGF71DUC0NA For several reasons a disagreement could explain many inconsistencies in the show and the characters since the season 2

      Ships that aren't supposed to be canon just fanservice are a great way to get an active interested fandom, shipping wars are very effective as they proved in Adventure Time (Finn had 3 different ships). And usually fanservice makes people happy, however in Western products they call it ship baitting especially if the ship isn't straight

      Okay... Maybe something like that did happen, and if it did, then..... I don't even know what to say. I'd feel disgusted supporting this show knowing it was made by abusive hypocrites who tore Zuke apart like this....Ugh...

        Loading editor
    • RidleyKraid187 wrote:

      Okay... Maybe something like that did happen, and if it did, then..... I don't even know what to say. I'd feel disgusted supporting this show knowing it was made by abusive hypocrites who tore Zuke apart like this....Ugh...

      I'm going to support the show now, I was going to abandon it since there were so many ships that I believed the show didn't have direction at all. They were in a position where they couldn't do anything cause they could offend somebody. You can't write a plot like that!

        Loading editor
    • I'm neutral on it. If they do make her Pearl's love interest, that's fine, as long as she's got actual character instead of just existing for the sake of being a love interest. If not, ah well, more likelyhood of Pearlmethyst. :P

      As for the whole Zuke controversy, I don't even know what to believe on that. I do know, though, that SU is an amazing show regardless, and I'm not about to stop watching it for any IRL reason.

        Loading editor
    • no pearlmethyst 5ever >:(

        Loading editor
    • No. I do not approve of her.

      Rather I do not approve of Pearl's affection towards her. Pearl is not interested in M.G for M.G, she is interested in her because she is Rose 2.0 (not in actuallity, but in Pearl's mind she is). Think about it: if you started a new relationship with another person solely because they have an uncanny resemblance to your ex, would that relationship ever work or be healthy? No it wouldn't! You want a relationship based on attracting towards one-another, not one person's attraction towards another person whom you physically resemble! That's nuts!

      However, I still want to see an episode about them, because it would probably lead to Pearl realizing how not over Rose she actually is, and how unhealthy for her it really is. Possibly another "Pearl hits rock bottom"-episode but with her coming out with an important insight at the end.

        Loading editor
    • I approve of her n__n 

      I think they would be the cutest couple. And it clearly took a lot of courage for Pearl to speak to her. If I remember correctly, she was actually quite nervous and taken back when she first saw this mystery girl.

      And it wouldn't be fair to bring a character in like that then never bring her back. She and Pearl had some nice chemistry going on and I loved it. They would be perfect for one another because Pearl needs to move on from Rose. And it'll show her what falling in love feels like and why Rose did what she did with Greg.

      I hope she's brought back and they become something more than just friends. After all, the girl gave Pearl her number and everything. It would be mean not to call it and see where it goes. What if the MG was really into her??? She seemed to genuinely enjoy the conversation they had. They were laughing and everything. Plus, Pearl needs a change. She thinks she needs someone to tell her what to do in order to be who she is.

      But I think this girl could open her eyes to a world where things can be different. And Pearl could break away from what Pearls are known for. She can make her own decisions and be just as great. So yes, I very much approve of this mystery girl. I'm interested in seeing her come back and learning what S. stands for. I don't see why no one else likes her but I do. I hope she becomes something of importance towards the Crystal Gems and teaches Pearl about love and strength using one's own abilities instead of relying on others

        Loading editor
    • GrandTheftAutoHero (SFPR) wrote:
      Nah, I ship Pearl and Greg

      Me too.

        Loading editor
    • I ship pearl x steven

        Loading editor
    • Carmiaa.jp wrote:
      II don't see why no one else likes her but I do.

      I like her, too. And that is why I don't want her to get together with Pearl because it would be incredibly unfair towards M.G.

        Loading editor
    • Godofderpymess wrote:
      I ship pearl x steven

      Second favorite. Followed by Pearl x Connie.

        Loading editor
    • i ship that to anything with pearl in it.

        Loading editor
    • Gray Pea Shooter wrote:
      Godofderpymess wrote:
      I ship pearl x steven
      Second favorite. Followed by Pearl x Connie.


      Pearl x Connie is an fun and interesting ship, were it not for the fact that Connie is a child (well, teenager really).

      I'll gladly ship young-adult Connie x Pearl though.

      There is definitely a "P-pearl senpai!"-thing going on there with the way Connie talks to her.

        Loading editor
    • Strong In The Real Way wrote:

      Gray Pea Shooter wrote:
      Godofderpymess wrote:
      I ship pearl x steven
      Second favorite. Followed by Pearl x Connie.


      Pearl x Connie is an fun and interesting ship, were it not for the fact that Connie is a child (well, teenager really).

      I'll gladly ship young-adult Connie x Pearl though.

      There is definitely a "P-pearl senpai!"-thing going on there with the way Connie talks to her.

      wanna know what the most cute ship is? Ruby x peridot x saphire
        Loading editor
    • Strong In The Real Way wrote:
      Gray Pea Shooter wrote:
      Godofderpymess wrote:
      I ship pearl x steven
      Second favorite. Followed by Pearl x Connie.

      Pearl x Connie is an fun and interesting ship, were it not for the fact that Connie is a child (well, teenager really).

      I'll gladly ship young-adult Connie x Pearl though.

      There is definitely a "P-pearl senpai!"-thing going on there with the way Connie talks to her.

      WHEN SHE GETS OLDER OF COURSE.

        Loading editor
    • Gray Pea Shooter wrote:

      Strong In The Real Way wrote:
      Gray Pea Shooter wrote:
      Godofderpymess wrote:
      I ship pearl x steven
      Second favorite. Followed by Pearl x Connie.

      Pearl x Connie is an fun and interesting ship, were it not for the fact that Connie is a child (well, teenager really).

      I'll gladly ship young-adult Connie x Pearl though.

      There is definitely a "P-pearl senpai!"-thing going on there with the way Connie talks to her.

      WHEN SHE GETS OLDER OF COURSE.

      Aww i thought you shipped the current connie with pearl you gross
        Loading editor
    • Godofderpymess wrote:

      Gray Pea Shooter wrote:

      Strong In The Real Way wrote:
      Gray Pea Shooter wrote:
      Godofderpymess wrote:
      I ship pearl x steven
      Second favorite. Followed by Pearl x Connie.

      Pearl x Connie is an fun and interesting ship, were it not for the fact that Connie is a child (well, teenager really).

      I'll gladly ship young-adult Connie x Pearl though.

      There is definitely a "P-pearl senpai!"-thing going on there with the way Connie talks to her.

      WHEN SHE GETS OLDER OF COURSE.
      Aww i thought the current connie ship with pearl you gross

      I guess there cartoon characters so it doesn't really matter. But Its probably safer to say that.

        Loading editor
    • DERRRP DERRP DERRRP:I GuEsS You RIGHt

        Loading editor
    • Godofderpymess wrote:
      DERRRP DERRP DERRRP:I GuEsS You RIGHt

      I'm just trying not to sound creepy dude.

        Loading editor
    • Well im going to rant about why amethyst hasnt had a origin story episode

        Loading editor
    • Godofderpymess wrote:
      Well im going to rant about why amethyst hasnt had a origin story episode


      Her sitting on top of a boulder for thousands of years before being found by Rose and Friends would make for a rather lame episode, wouldn't it? Although I guess it would make for a couple of hilarious flashback moments just to see how she amused herself, all alone in Kindergarten.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message