|This article is about the location. You may be looking for the soundtrack.|
The Desert is a location that was first shown in "Steven's Lion". The Gems had to travel to the desert on a mission to recover the Desert Glass, where Steven met and befriended Lion. It also made a brief appearance in "Marble Madness".
The Desert is devoid of plant and animal life with large, rolling sand dunes and an overcast, dust-filled sky. Located in the Desert are the ruins of a stone structure which harbors the area's only known Warp Pad. Before its capture, the Desert Glass had scattered large sandstone pillars around its gigantic fortress. The Desert is also shown to be sweltering as Steven pretended to collapse in "Steven's Lion".
It appeared again in "Marble Madness" when the Crystal Gems were chasing the Plug Robonoid.
This section contains informations on a subject that is considered "level 2 canon" and may be contradicted by the TV series.
- This location appears as the third world in the Steven Universe role-playing game: Attack the Light.
- In the game, orange snakes, turtles, and dragonfly light monsters inhabit the area.
- It has four regular levels, two secret levels, a boss level, and a gauntlet level, for a total of eight levels.
- The boss is the Orange Light.
- The theme song is "The Desert".
- A concept map by Joe Johnston in Steven Universe: Art & Origins shows that the desert is the Sahara in northern Africa.