"The Cool Kids" is a moniker for a group of teenagers that reside in Beach City, consisting of Buck Dewey, Jenny Pizza, and Sour Cream. Along with Sadie Miller and Steven Universe, they form the band Sadie Killer and the Suspects.
They're usually seen together, but they've each had their own individual appearances throughout the series. They made their official debut in "Lars and the Cool Kids" (but have made an appearance in the theme song) and made other non-speaking appearances beforehand.
- "Frybo" (debut as cameo)
- "Arcade Mania" (Sour Cream only, cameo)
- "Joking Victim"
- "Beach Party" (Jenny Pizza only)
- "On the Run" (cameo)
- "Alone Together" (Sour Cream only, Jenny & Buck as cameos)
- "The Return" (cameo)
- "Shirt Club" (Buck Dewey is focused on, but Sour Cream and Jenny appear)
- "We Are the Crystal Gems (cameo)
- "Onion Friend" (Sour Cream only, cameo)
- "Historical Friction" (Buck only)
- "Sadie's Song"
- "Drop Beat Dad"
- "The New Lars"
- "Beach City Drift"
- "The New Crystal Gems"
- "Pool Hopping" (Buck and Sour Cream only, cameo)
- "Letters to Lars"
- "Can't Go Back" (cameo)
- "What's Your Problem?" (Jenny only, Sour Cream & Buck as cameos)
- "Reunited" (non-speaking)
- Each of the Cool Kids resembles one of the Crystal Gems.
- The Cool Kids' personalities match certain aspects of each of the Crystal Gems'.
- Jenny is fun, carefree and counter-dependent, like Amethyst.
- Buck is stoic, level-headed and independent, with more going on inside his head than he shows on the outside, much like Garnet.
- Sour Cream is artistic and cares about rules such as seat belt safety, similar to Pearl who cares about road safety to the point of not playing a racing game correctly. At the same time, he's also a rebel against what he's "supposed" to be (a fisherman).
- Sour Cream has the most appearances of all the Cool Kids.
- Jenny is currently the only Cool Kid to not have a solo focus episode.