The Steven Universe Wiki has an official server on Discord. This page highlights essential information regarding the rules and structure of the server.
What is Discord?
Discord is considered to be a more secure, user-friendly, and bundled alternative to the integrated Wikia chat. As a result, it has been made accessible here as its own server and can be accessed through a web browser or the applications provided.
How to join
- Register your account on Discord.
- The widget showing the Steven Universe Wiki Discord server can be found in the right sidebar on a normal wiki page. The "Connect" button can be found at the bottom.
- After joining, you will find yourself in the
#infochannel. You will find the channel list on the left hand side, which should contain the
- Go to
#verification, state your Wikia username while providing a link to it, and acknowledge that you agree to the Discord rules. If you are not verified within a ten-minute span because you have not provided the needed information, an admin or moderator will kick you. You can rejoin later to try again.
- Respect your fellow users.
- Profanity is allowed in moderation, but slurs are not allowed at all.
- Derogatory comments about race, religion, gender, sexuality, etc. are not allowed.
- Do not post NSFW/NSFL content.
- Do not use pings unless its use is appropriate.
- Do not impersonate other users.
- Listen to the moderators and admins if they ask you to stop a certain form of conduct.
- Common sense is paramount, so make use of it and not game the system while doing so.
- If you are blocked or banned from the wiki's chat, it will roll over to the server.
- Discord's ToS and Community Guidelines coexist with this server's rules.
- Nicknames are not allowed to have profanity or inappropriate content in them, due to the wiki's Discord rail module displaying nicknames under the users list, and, therefore, violating the wiki's on-site language restrictions.
Violating these rules will result in an action up to the moderator's discretion, but the process is usually muting a user for a certain period of time before a ban is made. If someone commits an offense and is not dealt with in a timely manner (two-five minutes recommended), feel free to ping the moderators or admins so they can notice more quickly.
Preset roles granted to a user mirrors their own status on the Steven Universe Wiki.
|Admins||Administrators||In addition to normal staff member permissions; can change several additional server settings||Yes|
|Moderators||Chat mods||In addition to member permissions; can kick, ban, manage roles and channels, server-widely mute and deafen members, move members to different voice channels, and delete and pin messages.||Yes|
|Discussion Mods||Discussion mods||None.||Yes|
|Image Control||Image Controllers||None.||Yes|
|Support Team||Support Team||None.||Yes|
|Robonoids||Bots||Can delete messages, kick, ban, and manage roles.||No|
|Users||Verified users||In addition to standard permissions; can access channels that do not require additional roles, change their nickname, use external emojis, and send files.||No|
You can add and remove the roles that are made self assignable by using the
.iamnot commands in the bot channel. The syntax is
.iam(not) role, so an example would be
.iam watchers. You can list all the roles you can add or remove for yourself with
|Default text channels|
|#info||Channel for outlining the rules and other information.|
|#verification||Used for new server members to post their usernames to gain the Users role.|
|Verified text channels|
|#general||General discussion among users on the server.|
|#creative||Share your creations.|
|#hell||Random and chaotic conversation. Beware.|
|#games||Topics related to video games.|
|#bot||Playing around with bots we have on the server.|
|#wikia||Discussion about the Steven Universe Wiki and/or Wikia in general.|
|#voice||Only for aiding in voice chat.|
|#suggestions||For suggesting new ideas for the server such as rules, channels, and emojis.|
|Role-restricted text channels|
|#wiki-activity||Displays recent changes for the wiki. Requires Watchers role.|
|#critical||Critique channel for the Steven Universe series. Requires Critic role.|
|#leaks||A channel exclusive to those who want to share leaks. Not permitted outside of this channel or on the wiki. Requires Rebels role.|
|General||For general discussion.|
|Music||For listening to music.|
|AFK||AFK channel. People that are inactive and in other channels will be placed here automatically after being AFK for 15 min.|
The Discord server utilizes several bots. They serve various purposes, all of which is listed below. Each has certain commands that a user can type to have the bot respond with a list of all the available commands it possesses.
|Tatsumaki||Amethyst||Social bot with member profiles, levels, and other fun stuff.|| |
|Utilibot||Garnet||Fully-featured moderation and audit bot.|| |
|Astolfo||Sapphire||Fully-featured music and social bot.|| |
|Yggdrasil||Peridot||Social bot with fun commands.|| |
|Nadeko||Pearl||Social bot with a lot of commands.|| |
|Rythm||Ruby||Fully-featured music bot.|| |