"Steven's Song Time" is an episode short available to watch on iTunes.
Steven teaches you how to play a new song he wrote!
The short opens with a sparkly title card that says "Steven's Song Time" in a font resembling Comic Sans, and a ribbon with music notes on it.
Steven welcomes the viewer to "Steven's Song Time". He explains that things have been pretty crazy lately, and he has a lot of hard to talk about feelings and that he put them in a song. He puts up guitar tabs, complete with dots for fingers, so the viewer can play along. He says the title of the song ("Still Not Giving Up") and proceeds to perform it.
After playing, Steven wipes a tear from his eye and thanks the viewer for listening. He recommends the viewer try writing a song if they have any difficult feelings and that he'd love to hear the song. He tells the viewer he loves them, waves goodbye, and the video ends.
- Warp Pad
- Steven's Electric Guitar
- Steven's Amp
- In the song, where B major is played, A# is instead shown. B major is played on the second fret rather than the first.
- The notes shown on the title card are the first few bars of "We Are the Crystal Gems".
- Steven putting up guitar tabs so the audience can learn how to play "Still Not Giving Up" is often used in instrumental tutorials on YouTube.
- The Rebellion is mentioned in "Still Not Giving Up".
- Steven still has mixed feelings that are hard to talk about as a result of the recent events and discoveries he's made from "Bismuth" to "Bubbled".
View the episode's transcript here.