It is currently undergoing development in the Unity engine.
Coming to consoles this fall!
A mysterious warrior arrives in Beach City and steals a powerful weapon, and then it’s up to the Crystal Gems to embark on the magical mission to end all magical missions. Steven and the Gems must travel far beyond Beach City, battle an army of creepy creatures, and stop a no-good Prism-snatcher in order to Save the Light!
- Updated battle system with a customizable character selection scheme. The player can choose who will lead the team. Only Steven cannot be removed from the group.
- More emphasis on exploration and puzzle-solving in 3D environments.
- An original story from Rebecca Sugar and her Steven Universe show team.
- The game will feature a total of eight playable characters.
- One of the eight characters will be available as DLC after the game's launch.
- More fusions will be available as character abilities.
- Side quests, a crafting system, character perks, and upgrades will be available.
- Helping in side quests will bring random rewards for the characters.
- There will be situations throughout the game where the player must make gameplay-affecting decisions.
- This can vary from which Crystal Gem is introduced in the game first, to naming monsters.
- Helping characters during a battle can increase their bond adding new strategies to the battle system.
- This can vary from special team attacks and even fuse certain characters together for the duration of a battle.
- Lars Barriga
- Sadie Miller
- Ronaldo Fryman
- Peedee Fryman
- Sour Cream
- Kofi Pizza
- Kiki Pizza
- Nanefua Pizza
- Bill Dewey
- Harold Smiley
- Suitcase Sam
- "Mysterious Warrior"
- Unknown Creatures
- The game was originally planned for a Summer 2017 launch but was pushed back to Fall 2017.
- On June 1, 2017, Cartoon Network released "The Light Series"-themed stickers for iMessage.
- Similar to its predecessor Attack the Light, the designs for the game are based on the distant character design for rendering purposes.
- Greg mentions that he's still rich since the episode "Drop Beat Dad".
- Steven and Connie's fusion dance is similar to the one from "Mindful Education".
- Lars still has olive skin and orange-brown hair, indicating this takes place before Wanted.
- Pearl still has a grudge on Greg.