Save the Light is an upcoming Steven Universe video game for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One and the direct sequel to Attack the Light. It is currently planned to release in Fall 2017. In August 31, 2017 a game demo was released for the first time from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. in the annual ID@Xbox Pre-PAX Open House.
It is currently undergoing development in the Unity engine.
Coming to consoles this fall!
A mysterious warrior arrives in Beach City and steals a powerful weapon, and then it’s up to the Crystal Gems to embark on the magical mission to end all magical missions. Steven and the Gems must travel far beyond Beach City, battle an army of creepy creatures, and stop a no-good Prism-snatcher in order to Save the Light!
- Updated battle system with a customizable character selection scheme. The player can choose who will lead the team. Only Steven cannot be removed from the group.
- More emphasis on exploration and puzzle-solving in 3D environments.
- An original story from Rebecca Sugar and her Steven Universe show team.
- The game will feature a total of eight playable characters, not including fusions (Opal & Stevonnie).
- One of the eight characters will be available as DLC after the game's launch.
- More fusions will be available as character abilities.
- According to Grumpyface Studios there are more fusions that haven’t been shown yet.
- Side quests, a crafting system, character perks, and upgrades will be available.
- Helping in side quests will bring random rewards for the characters.
- There will be situations throughout the game where the player must make gameplay-affecting decisions.
- This can vary from which Crystal Gem is introduced in the game first, to naming monsters.
- Helping characters during a battle can increase their bond adding new strategies to the battle system.
- This can vary from special team attacks and even fuse certain characters together for the duration of a battle.
- Lars Barriga
- Sadie Miller
- Ronaldo Fryman
- Peedee Fryman
- Sour Cream
- Kofi Pizza
- Kiki Pizza
- Jenny Pizza
- Nanefua Pizza
- Bill Dewey
- Buck Dewey
- Harold Smiley
- Suitcase Sam
- Light Army
- "Mysterious Warrior"
- The game was originally planned for a Summer 2017 launch but was pushed back to Fall 2017.
- On June 1, 2017, Cartoon Network released "The Light Series"-themed stickers for iMessage.
- Similar to its predecessor Attack the Light, the designs for the game are based on the distant character design for rendering purposes.
- Grumpyface Studios have stated that there are still plans from bringing the game to PC and Nintendo Switch.
- An interview of the game development and design process was shown in the CN GAMES Panel in September 1, 2017, revealing some concept art of the Fusion Gems, Peridot and Squaridot.
- When the Gems fuse, they use choreography borrowed from the show regardless of who they fuse with. 
- Amethyst uses dance moves both from the first formations of Opal and Sugilite.
- Pearl uses the same pirouette from the start of Sardonyx's fusion dance.
- Garnet uses her dance moves from the first shown use of Alexandrite's fusion dance.
- The poses that Steven and the White Light do are the "Fusion Dance" from Dragon Ball Z and the "Bond pose" from the eponymous character .
- Greg mentions that he's still rich since the episode "Drop Beat Dad".
- Steven and Connie's fusion dance is similar to the one from "Mindful Education".
- Lars still has olive skin and orange-brown hair, indicating this takes place before Wanted.
- The White Light still has its Steven form from the ending of the first game.