Very funny, Pink.
The Pebbles are miniature in size and have shades of gray skin and eyes black in color. The Pebbles vary greatly in appearance compared to other Gem types. The gemstones of the Pebbles are round and come in different shades of gray.
The Pebbles were shown to be good friends with Pink Diamond and, by extension, Steven. This friendship is demonstrated when the Pebbles are overjoyed upon Pink Diamond's (as Steven) return to her palace.
The Pebbles acted timidly around the other Gems who entered Pink Diamond's room, running to hide for unknown reasons. Eventually, the Pebbles grew accustomed to the presence of Pearl, Garnet, Amethyst, and even Connie. The Pebbles grew enough trust to obey directions beyond Pink Diamond when building furniture. The hat-wearing Pebble develops a complete fixation to Steven's phone.
The Pebbles seem to have standard Gem abilities.
- Shapeshifting Tools: The Pebbles can shapeshift their hands into hammers, scissors, sewing needles, hooks, and blades. Such tools go beyond their appearance and seem to match its assumed durability as well.
- Skilled Craftsmanship and Tailoring: The Pebbles are shown to be skilled builders and tailors. The Pebbles can make a functional outfit out of nearby materials with ease and impressive speed. One Pebble has demonstrated to build the entirety of a small house within Steven's mouth in a few seconds.
This Pebble's gemstone is located on the back of her head.
|This Pebble has grey skin, an oblong head, and wears a purple dress.|
This Pebble's gemstone is located on her chest.
|This Pebble has purple-grey skin, a boomerang-like head, and wears a light greenish-blue dress.|
This Pebble's gemstone is located in place of a right eye.
|This Pebble has purple-grey skin, a boomerang-like head, and wears a yellow top with an orange skirt.|
This Pebble's gemstone is located in place of a right foot.
|This Pebble has yellowish-grey skin, a round head, and wears a reddish-pink dress with a pinkish-red bow on her front waist.|
This Pebble's gemstone is located on the top of her head.
|This Pebble has grey skin, a large, oval-shaped head, and wears a light blue dress with a white apron and a greenish-blue bow in the back.|
This Pebble's gemstone is located where her nose would be.
|This Pebble has grey skin, a boomerang-like head, a pink dress, and a pink bow on the back of her dress.|
This Pebble's gemstone is located in place of a right hand.
|This Pebble has grey skin, a round head, wears a green coat with similarly-colored shoes and hat, and lime-green pants. (This Pebble is voiced by Zach Callison instead of Susan Egan.)|
Pebbles have the job of building and sewing things, such as beds and clothes. Like Bismuths, they are adept at shapeshifting their limbs into any tool they require.
|1. "Stuck Together":||Absent||15. "Pool Hopping":||Absent|
|2. "The Trial":||Absent||16. "Letters to Lars":||Absent|
|3. "Off Colors":||Absent||17. "Can't Go Back":||Absent|
|4. "Lars' Head":||Absent||18. "A Single Pale Rose":||Absent|
|5. "Dewey Wins":||Absent||19. "Now We're Only Falling Apart":||Absent|
|6. "Gemcation":||Absent||20. "What's Your Problem?":||Absent|
|7. "Raising the Barn":||Absent||21. "The Question":||Absent|
|8. "Back to the Kindergarten":||Absent||22. "Made of Honor":||Absent|
|9. "Sadie Killer":||Absent||23/24. "Reunited":||Absent|
|10. "Kevin Party":||Absent||25. "Legs From Here to Homeworld":||Absent|
|11. "Lars of the Stars":||Absent||26. "Familiar":||Debut|
|12. "Jungle Moon":||Absent||27. "Together Alone":||Appears|
|13. "Your Mother and Mine":||Absent||28. "Escapism":||Pictured|
|14. "The Big Show":||Absent||29-32. "Change Your Mind":||Absent|
- In "Catch and Release", Peridot uses "pebble" as an insult against Steven. The term may be referencing the Pebbles and imply the Pebbles have a low status on Homeworld, even lower than a Pearl. Squaridot also commonly uses "pebble" as an insult in Save the Light.
- This status appears to hold true, as the Pebbles only serve as construction and tailor workers that likely follow directions beyond Pink Diamond from those considered even low-class or abnormal (Garnet, Amethyst, Pearl, and Connie).
- The Pebbles somewhat resemble the mice from the Disney movie Cinderella.
- The Pebbles creating a Pink Diamond dress for Steven is a possible reference to the scene in Cinderella where her mouse friends help create a dress to wear at the ball.
- The Pebbles are voiced by Susan Egan and Zach Callison, who are the same voice actors who voice Rose Quartz/Pink Diamond and Steven respectively.
- Unlike the other Gems seen thus far, pebbles are not named after a type of mineral. The term "pebble" is used to denote grain size rather than type/composition.
- According to the Wentworth scale, different types of pebbles have a particle size ranging from 4 to 65 millimeters.
- They are the smallest non-corrupted Gems to date.
- It is implied during the song "Familiar" that Pink Diamond created some of the Pebbles to keep her company.