|Voiced by||Deedee Magno|
|Current Residence||Crystal Temple|
|Latest Appearance||"So Many Birthdays"|
Pearl has a thin, bird-like body and pale white skin with a greenish tint. Her short hair is pastel orange and is styled to a point at the back of her head. She has large light blue eyes and a cone shaped nose. She wears a light blue top with a yellow star and short pale pink leggings under an iridescent blue and green skirt. Her shoes are light blue with lime green socks. the gemstone is a large pearl embedded in her forehead.
Pearl is a perfectionist, so much that she goes through all the trouble to organize Amethyst's room. She puts a lot of thought and reason into her plans and actions. Though she is very graceful and controlled, she sometimes gets flustered when plans are messed up, or when Amethyst says something she doesn't think Steven should hear. She is very caring and motherly to the point of occasionally being overbearing, but always well-meaning. Out of all the Crystal Gems, she breaks down the most easily in emotional situations.
All Gems have many powers including the ability to summon a weapon and shapeshift. Activating her crystal gem summons a magic spear. She is able to project holographic images from her gem and has psychokinetic abilities. She can also fuse with Amethyst to create Opal.
Pearl acts as a kind, motherly figure towards Steven, in some episodes treating him like her own son. She always speaks gently to him and is the first to always show concern when taking him on a dangerous mission.
Like the other Gems, Pearl respects and follows Garnet's orders without question. She does, however, believe that the Gems are a team and may not exactly see Garnet as a leader.
Pearl is often seen scolding Amethyst and in return, Amethyst teases her. Despite them fighting often it's revealed that Pearl sometimes think she is getting through to Amethyst ("Tiger Millionaire"). Regardless of their differences Pearl is still friends and teammates with Amethyst.
"DON'T TOUCH THOSE THEIR SHARDS ARE DEADLY !"
- Pearls are light pink or white gems similar to the one "Pearl" has on her head.
- In the transition from the pilot to the series, Pearl underwent the most drastic change of the three Gems. Among these changes are:
- Removal of earrings
- Skin color changed
- Pointy nose
- Drastically different outfit
- Different hairstyle
- Slightly different hair color
- Eye color changed (black to a light blue)
- Removal of hearts on slippers
- In gem-stone mythos, pearls are often associated with virginity, beauty, modesty, purity and happiness.
- As revealed in "Together Breakfast", she owns a collection of swords.
- It is hinted in "Cheeseburger Backpack" that she and the other Gems (except Steven) may in fact be over a hundred years old.
- In "Together Breakfast", her spear is destroyed when the Together Breakfast in its mutated state breaks it in half. However in "Frybo", she is able to summon another one. It can be assumed when a Crystal Gem's weapon is destroyed or misplaced, they can summon replacements.
- Pearl's gemstone is located on her forehead.
- It is shown that when Pearl blushes, she blushes light blue.
- In the episode "Giant Woman". Pearl has the ability to manipulate the sand.
- As revealed in "So Many Birthdays" Pearl likes pie and does not understand jokes and thinks that jokes involving actions are lies.
- Pearl, beside the opal on Opal's forehead, is the only gem to not have shaped raise but instead but her gem has a more sphere style of raise.
Click here to view the gallery.
| || || || |
|Characters in Steven Universe|