|Voiced by||Deedee Magno|
|Current Residence||Crystal Temple|
|Latest Appearance||"Coach Steven"|
Pearl has a thin, bird-like body and pale white skin with a bluish tint. Her short hair is pastel orange and is styled to a point like pixie cut. She has large light blue eyes and a cone shaped nose. Pearl's Gemstone is a large pearl embedded in her forehead. Pearl wears a light blue tunic with a yellow star and large turquoise sash tied around her waist. She has pale orange short leggings, pink socks and turquoise shoes. She is a few inches shorter than Garnet.
Prior to the end of Steven the Sword Fighter she wore a light blue top with a yellow star and short pale pink leggings under an iridescent blue and green skirt together with a cyan bow. Her shoes were light blue with lime green socks. She is now a bit taller. After she regenerated she gained her current outfit.
Pearl is a perfectionist, so much that she goes through all the trouble to organize Amethyst's room. She puts a lot of thought and reason into her plans and actions. Though she is very graceful and controlled, she sometimes gets flustered when plans are messed up, or when Amethyst says something she doesn't think Steven should hear. She is very caring and motherly to the point of occasionally being overbearing, but always well-meaning. Out of all the Crystal Gems, she breaks down the easiest in emotional situations. She is shown to be one of the most naive of the gems, in terms of human culture, often questioning or misinterpreting certain human traditions or behaviors, such as jokes, games, arcades and birthday parties.
All Gems have many powers including the ability to summon a weapon, shapeshift, and retreat into their Gems after becoming injured to heal. Activating her Crystal Gem summons a magic spear. She is able to project holographic images from her Gem and has psychokinetic abilities. She can also fuse with Amethyst to create Opal.
Pearl acts as a kind, motherly figure towards Steven, in some episodes treating him like her own son. She always speaks gently to him and is always the first show concern when taking him on a dangerous mission.
Like the other Gems, Pearl respects and follows Garnet's orders without question. She does, however, believe that the Gems are a team and may not exactly see Garnet as a leader.
Pearl is often seen scolding Amethyst and in return, Amethyst teases her. Despite them fighting often it's revealed that Pearl sometimes think she is getting through to Amethyst ("Tiger Millionaire"). Regardless of their differences Pearl is still friends and teammates with Amethyst.
- Pearls are light pink or white gems similar to the one "Pearl" has on her head.
- In the transition from the pilot to the series, Pearl underwent the most drastic change of the three Gems. Among these changes are:
- Removal of earrings
- Skin color changed
- Pointy nose
- Drastically different outfit
- Different hairstyle
- Slightly different hair color
- Eye color changed (black to a light blue)
- Removal of hearts on slippers
- In gem-stone mythos, pearls are often associated with virginity, beauty, modesty, purity, and happiness.
- As revealed in "Together Breakfast," she owns a collection of swords.
- It is hinted in "Cheeseburger Backpack" that she and the other Gems (except Steven) may in fact be over a hundred years old.
- In "Together Breakfast," her spear is destroyed when the Together Breakfast in its mutated state breaks it in half. However in "Frybo," she was able to summon another one. It can be assumed when a Crystal Gem's weapon is destroyed or misplaced, they can summon replacements.
- Pearl's gemstone is located on her forehead.
- It is shown that when Pearl blushes, she blushes light blue, as revealed in Serious Steven. This likely means she has blue blood.
- In the episode "Giant Woman," Pearl has the ability to manipulate the sand.
- As revealed in "So Many Birthdays," Pearl likes pie and does not understand jokes and thinks that jokes involving actions are lies (or insults).
- Pearl, beside the opal on Opal's forehead, is the only gem to not have a faceted gem. She instead has a smooth gem.
- Pearl has the ability to create something such as police tape with her gem in the episode "Lars and the Cool Kids."
- Pearl had a replicator wand which was destroyed in "Onion Trade" by Garnet.
- Also, it is revealed in "Onion Trade" that Pearl owns a battle axe.
- Pearl is the first Gem that's actually shown retreating into her gem to regenerate after sustaining a serious injury, shown in the episode "Steven the Sword Fighter"
- Pearl is the only character, besides Steven, to appear in every episode so far.
Click here to view the gallery.
| || || || |