- This article is about the character; you may be looking for the song.
All you wanna do is see me turn into...
Giant Woman (Steven)
Opal is a tall, slender, Fusion Gem, although she is currently the third shortest fusion shown so far, right above Stevonnie and Garnet. As seen in "The Return," she at least two times the height as Garnet.
She has long flowing white hair pony-tailed off the back of her head that extends to her ankles, pale violet skin, bright blue eyes, four arms, having Pearl's pointy nose, along Amethyst's lips. Both of her gemstones being on her forehead and chest, like how they are on Amethyst and Pearl.
Her clothes consist of a blue-green tube shirt with drapes in the front and back with a large yellow star on the front, magenta tights, and gold flat boots.
Her second outfit is mostly the same, yet slightly different, as her pre-regeneration outfit, now with a sash around her waist, and a tank top with sleeves and an added neckline to her top. This is due to Pearl's regeneration in "Steven the Sword Fighter", but the colors are yet to be confirmed, since she appeared in a white and green light.
Due to being a fusion, Opal's personality is a combination of aspects of both Amethyst's and Pearl's character traits. Her disposition is speculated to be mild-mannered and a fusion of Amethyst's power and self-confidence, along with Pearl's grace and precision. Her voice is similar with Garnet's but has a lighter tone. She appears to be more open to Steven's desire to have fun and play, as she sang part of his song back to him. This shows a combination of Amethyst's laid-back attitude with Pearl's nurturing tendencies. It was shown that she can easily be distracted from main objectives, such as when she defeated the monster at the Sky Spire, she considered the mission done and left without completing the original mission (retrieving the Heaven Beetle). This could be because of both Amethyst and Pearl, as the two can easily get distracted by simple desires (though in opposite ways).
Due to Amethyst and Pearl's personalities being almost polar opposites, her personality is very unstable and the most minor of disagreements between the two can result in being split.
- Bow and Arrow Proficiency: Opal can individually summon either Pearl's spear or Amethyst's whip. When they fuse their weapons together, a bow is formed. This bow is a lethal weapon; it is capable of firing explosive arrows, with the blast bubbling gemstones simultaneously.
- Water-Walking: Opal can walk on water, an ability she shares with Pearl.
- Increased Stability: Opal is shown to be able to "glide" by kicking off the wall and gliding in the sky.
- Water Vacuum: Opal possesses Pearl and Amethyst's ability to quickly dry off after being doused in water.
Opal retains a protective nature over Steven from Pearl and Amethyst. She is willing to play around with Steven, as when he asked if she remembered him, she replied by smiling and singing his song back to him.
Opal and Garnet are on seemingly good terms and can work together well. This is shown in "Giant Woman." When Opal returned back with Steven, Garnet did not seem surprised and simply asked Opal if she completed her mission. Later in "The Return", Opal and Garnet are seen working together to try and destroy the Gem Warship.
- She was the second fusion to be seen, the first being Garnet.
- Opal closely resembles Kali, a Hindu deity, featuring four arms, long hair, and a gemstone lodged on their foreheads.
- Additionally, Opal was originally planned to make a manji with her arms when summoning her weapon, of which Kali is commonly associated with.
- She is also similar to the design of Nabooru from The Legend Of Zelda; even to the point of having her pointed nose.
- Opal's appearance consists more of Pearl's physical appearance and features.
- This also extends to her weapon; Pearl's spear not only makes up the longbow but the arrows are visually similar to the energy blast the spear can emit. Meanwhile Amethyst's whip merely acts as the bowstring.
- Opal is the only Gem so far with an exclusively ranged weapon.
- She is the only fusion (excluding Garnet) that appears in more than one episode, not counting the flashback of Malachite in "Full Disclosure".
- Opal is among the least "monstrous" of fusions, which could imply that more stable fusions look closer to a humanoid figure, since the only fusions that seems more humanoid than her are Garnet and Stevonnie.
- It also implies that despite their constant bickering, Pearl and Amethyst are actually very close deep down.
- Opal is possibly the second most likely fusion to be split, behind Alexandrite.
- Opal will likely have a new outfit when she is next formed, due to Amethyst's regeneration in "Reformed".
- This will make her the only fusion to have had three different outfits.
- Opal is a gem-quality form of hydrated amorphous silicon dioxide.
- Opal is a birthstone for those who are born in October.
- Opal is also said to stimulate originality and creativity.
- Opals are delicate gemstones. Their most significant weakness has to do with their water content.
|Pearl's gemstone on Opal, appearing to be completely smooth; it contains a ring around the middle.|
|Amethyst's gemstone on Opal; it is a dodecahedron, which is commonly associated with ether.|
Click here to view the gallery.