For the song of the same name, see Opal (soundtrack).
♫ All you wanna do is see me turn into... ♫
Opal has pale royal-blue skin and long, thick, wavy, cream colored hair. Her hair extends slightly past her knees, and is tied by a pale-orange band into a rowdy pony-tail, resembling Amethyst's hair, except for her chin-length bangs, which resemble Pearl's. Opal has four arms, and her nose is pointed like Pearl's. Her plump lips are similar to Amethyst's.
Opal sports a pale-turquoise tube-top that drapes down to her shins, featuring an accented star at the base. She wore magenta leggings with lavender cuffs and gold flat-boots.
Her attire is similar to her previous outfit, but with a sash around her waist, a tank top, and an added neckline to her top. This is due to Pearl's regeneration in "Steven the Sword Fighter", but the colors are yet to be confirmed, since she appeared in a white and green tint.
Opal is an amalgam of our combined magical and physical attributes fused into a single entity.
|—Pearl, "Giant Woman"|
She is very agile and graceful, being able to stand on the tips of her toes and execute acrobatic reflexes. Opal is also shown to be able to leap considerable distances and "skate" or "glide" across the ground.
- Bow and Arrows Proficiency: Opal's weapon is an opalescent longbow that fires arrows made of a light-based energy. The bow is roughly as tall as Opal herself. Due to Opal being a fusion of Amethyst and Pearl, she can summon either Amethyst's whip or Pearl's spear at will. She fuses both weapons together to form her bow. Pearl's spear forms the limbs of the bow while the lash of Amethyst's whip becomes the string. Her arrows are summoned when the bow is drawn back. These arrows cause a large explosion and emit a bright light on impact, as well as bearing a striking resemblance to the energy blasts emitted by Pearl's spear. The arrows are also capable of splitting into several smaller arrows and attacking multiple targets at once. Targets pierced by these arrows have their remaining gems bubbled.
- Water-Walking: Opal is able to walk on water, as seen in "Giant Woman", while she fights against the Big Bird. She presumably retains this ability from Pearl. Lion and Lapis Lazuli are also known to be capable of this.
|—Opal, "Giant Woman"|
I also see you helped your teammates fuse.
|—Garnet, "Giant Woman"|
- She is the third shortest fusion, right above Stevonnie and Garnet.
- As seen in "The Return", she is at least twice as tall as Garnet.
- Opal and Stevonnie are the only fusions that have no more than two eyes.
- She was the second fusion (after Garnet) to be seen.
- Although, she is the first to be introduced as such.
- Opal's appearance consists more of Pearl's physical appearance and features.
- This also extends to her weapon; Pearl's spear not only makes up the longbow but the arrows are visually similar to the energy blast the spear can emit. Meanwhile, Amethyst's whip merely acts as the bowstring.
- Opal is the only Gem with an exclusively ranged weapon.
- This is most likely due to Pearl's spear, while being a melee weapon, has the ability to emit a ranged energy blast and she can throw her spear with incredible speed and accuracy.
- Opal is among the least "monstrous" of fusions, which could imply that more stable fusions look closer to a humanoid figure, since the only fusions that seems more humanoid than her are Garnet, Stevonnie, and Rainbow Quartz.
- It also implies that despite their constant bickering, Pearl and Amethyst are actually very close deep down.
- She, along with Garnet, are the only fusions who have bubbled gemstones on-screen.
- When Opal's arrow bubbled the Gem Shards from the Big Bird, her bubbles were colored mint-green.
- Opal has not been witnessed fusing on-screen, much like Alexandrite.
- She has the second least amount of speaking-time of any fusion.
- The first is Rainbow Quartz, who received no dialogue, and the third is Malachite who only had a few lines.
- Opal closely resembles Kali, a Hindu deity, featuring four arms, long hair, and a gemstone lodged on their foreheads.
- Additionally, Opal was originally planned to make a manji with her arms when summoning her weapon, of which Kali is commonly associated with.
- She is also similar to the design of Nabooru from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time; even to the point of having her pointed nose.
- She also resembles the Hindu deity Lakshmi, who, like Opal, has four arms. Opal's weaponry also revolves around light, something Lakshmi is closely associated with.
- Opal's theme is a style of music called High-Energy Piano Anthem, a type of music invented by Masami Ueda, the composer for the Bayonetta games.
- Opal's hair closely resembles Korra's from the Nickelodeon show The Legend of Korra.
- Opal is a gem-quality form of hydrated amorphous silicon dioxide.
- 'Opalescence' should technically only be used to describe the optical effects seen in common opal.
- 'Opalescence' is caused by the reflection of light and appears as a sheen of light, typically milky-bluish in color.
- Opal is a birthstone for those who are born in October.
- Opal is also said to stimulate originality and creativity.
|Pearl's gemstone on Opal. It represents a cabochon, a gem that has not been faceted but has been polished.|
|Amethyst's gemstone on Opal features a hexagonal facet. It is a tetradecahedron, specifically a truncated hexagonal dipyramid.|
Click here to view the gallery.