For the instrumental soundtrack, see Opal (song).
All you wanna do is see me turn into...
Giant Woman (Steven)
Opal has long, flowing, cream-colored hair, sky-blue eyes, and pale violet skin. Her hair extends slightly past her knees, and is pulled back into a rowdy pony-tail resembling Amethyst's hair. Her lips resemble Amethyst's, while her nose resembles Pearl's. She possesses four arms and is at least 9-10 feet tall.
Opal sports a turquoise tube-shirt that drapes down to her shins, featuring an accented star at the base. She wore magenta leggings and gold flat-boots.
Her attire is similar to her previous outfit, but with a sash around her waist, a tank top, and an added neckline to her top. This is due to Pearl's regeneration in "Steven the Sword Fighter", but the colors are yet to be confirmed, since she appeared in a white and green tint.
Due to Amethyst and Pearl being almost polar opposites, her personality is very unstable and the most minor of disagreements between the two can result in defusion.Opal's personality is speculated to be a combination of Amethyst's power, along with Pearl's grace and precision. She appears to be more open to Steven's desire to have fun and play, as she sang part of his song back to him. This shows a combination of Amethyst's laid-back attitude with Pearl's nurturing tendencies. It was shown that she can easily be distracted from main objectives, such as when she defeated the monster at the Sky Spire, she considered the mission done and left without completing the original mission (retrieving the Heaven Beetle). This could be because of both Amethyst and Pearl, as the two can easily get distracted by simple desires.
- Bow and Arrow Proficiency: Opal's weapon is an opalescent longbow that fires arrows made of a light-based energy. The bow is roughly as tall as Opal herself. Due to Opal being a fusion of Amethyst and Pearl, she can summon either Amethyst's whip or Pearl's spear at will. She fuses both weapons together to form her bow. Pearl's weapon forms the limbs of the bow while the lash of Amethyst's whip becomes the string. Her arrows are summoned when the bow is drawn back. These arrows cause a large explosion and emit a bright light on impact, as well as bearing a striking resemblance to the energy blasts emitted by Pearl's spear. The arrows are also capable of splitting into several smaller arrows and attacking multiple targets at once. Targets pierced by these arrows have their remaining gems bubbled.
- Water-Walking: Opal can walk on water, an ability she shares with Pearl.
- Increased Stability: Opal is shown to be able to "glide" by kicking off the wall and gliding in the sky.
- Water Vacuum: Opal possesses Pearl and Amethyst's ability to quickly dry off after being doused in water.
Opal retains a protective nature over Steven from Pearl and Amethyst. She is willing to play around with Steven, as when he asked if she remembered him, she replied by smiling and singing his song back to him.
Opal and Garnet are on seemingly good terms and work together well. When Opal returned with Steven, Garnet did not seem surprised and simply asked Opal if she completed her mission. Later, in "The Return", Opal recognizes Garnet's leadership and awaits her command to fire her arrow/arrows, working together without problems while attempting to destroy the Gem Warship.
- She is the fourth shortest fusion, right above Stevonnie, Garnet, and Rainbow Quartz.
- As seen in "The Return", she is at least twice as tall as Garnet.
- Opal, along with Stevonnie, is the only known fusion that has only two eyes.
- She was the second fusion to be seen; the first being Garnet.
- Opal closely resembles Kali, a Hindu deity, featuring four arms, long hair, and a gemstone lodged on their foreheads.
- Additionally, Opal was originally planned to make a manji with her arms when summoning her weapon, of which Kali is commonly associated with.
- She is also similar to the design of Nabooru from The Legend Of Zelda; even to the point of having her pointed nose.
- Opal's appearance consists more of Pearl's physical appearance and features.
- This also extends to her weapon; Pearl's spear not only makes up the longbow but the arrows are visually similar to the energy blast the spear can emit. Meanwhile Amethyst's whip makes up the bowstring.
- Opal is the only Gem with an exclusively ranged weapon.
- This is most likely due to Pearl's spear, while being a melee weapon, has the ability to emit a ranged energy blast.
- Opal is among the least "monstrous" of fusions, which could imply that more stable fusions look closer to a humanoid figure, since the only fusions that seems more humanoid than her are Garnet, Stevonnie, and Rainbow Quartz.
- It also implies that despite their constant bickering, Pearl and Amethyst are actually very close deep down.
- She has the second least amount of speaking time of any fusion, the first being Rainbow Quartz, who got no speaking time.
- Opal will likely have a new outfit when she is next formed, due to Amethyst's regeneration in "Reformed".
- This will make her the only fusion to have three different outfits due to regeneration.
- Opal is a gem-quality form of hydrated amorphous silicon dioxide.
- Opal is a birthstone for those who are born in October, along with Tourmaline.
- Opal is said to stimulate originality and creativity.
- Opals are delicate gemstones. Their most significant weakness has to do with their water content.
- Opal's chemical formula is SiO2•n(H2O), where the water impurities (n(H2O)) make opals refract all the colors of the visible spectrum of light.
|Pearl's gemstone on Opal, appearing to be completely smooth. It lacks facets.|
|Amethyst's gemstone on Opal, featuring a hexagonal facet. It is a dodecahedron, which is commonly associated with ether.|
Click here to view the gallery.