|This article is about the group. You may be looking for the episode.|
The Off Colors are a group of unaligned Gems who present abnormal physique, behavior, or abilities, and have been deemed "defective" and "off-color" by the Gem Homeworld's strict standards and caste system. They lived reclusively in an abandoned Homeworld Kindergarten for eons before the site became compromised upon the arrival of Steven and Lars.
Padparadscha was left behind and disowned after her future vision was revealed to be defective, as she can only see events that have already occured. Since their emergence from their Homeworld Kindergarten, the Rutile Twins were isolated as a result of forming incorrectly, bearing the resemblance of conjoined twins. The twins also remarked that the other Rutiles ran away after seeing their deformed body. Rhodonite and Fluorite were ostracized for being fusions, and fled to the abandoned Kindergartens (as Rhodonite's component Pearl and Ruby were even replaced by their Morganite after being caught fusing).
After Steven and Lars save them from robonoids trying to shatter them, Lars is killed during an explosion and falls. After Steven, using his healing tears, revives Lars, Lars becomes pink and gains powers similar to Lion's, such as holding a pocket dimension connected to Lion. Steven uses these powers to teleport home through Lion.
Despite being able to escape themselves, the Off Colors choose to stay with Lars on Homeworld to ensure his safety, despite his protest. They are currently searching for an alternative way to escape to Earth through the remains of the abandoned Kindergartens and forgotten Homeworld structures.
The Off Colours also appear in "Lars of the Stars" as shown at the San Diego Comic Con 2017.
- Lars Barriga - An ally and member of the Off Colors (after the events of "Lars' Head"). He is now pink and has powers since being resurrected by Steven after his death. Lars later becomes the captain of the Off Colors, taking them on many adventures and commiting crimes against Homeworld's regime.
- Fluorite - The presumed leader of the Off Colors, and a fusion of six Gems.
- Padparadscha - A member, and a defective Sapphire that can only have visions of events slightly in the past.
- Rutile Twins - A member, and two Rutiles conjoined into one defective Gem during formation.
- Rhodonite - A member, and a fusion of a Pearl and a Ruby.
- Steven Universe - An ally of the Off Colors and a member of the Crystal Gems. He promises that Earth is a safe haven for Gems like them.
- In general, the term "off-color" refers to Gems that have flaws, and they are looked down upon by Gem society.