This article contains information about content officially released prior to its television premiere. Take caution when reading.
When we show up in this ship, it will be irrefutable that the last six-thousand years are now the biggest galactic embarrassment that's ever happened — and we're the ones to blame.
The story starts where "Reunited" left off. Blue Diamond is overjoyed that Pink Diamond is alive after all and cuddles Steven, but Yellow Diamond complains why Pink let them think that she was shattered, the strange disguise, doing a voice and not telling them about it back at the trial. Steven explains to her that his mother Pink kept it a secret from everyone then Pearl clears her throat, reminding him in which he meant almost everyone. Yellow asks what he is talking about, he tells himself that they don't know what a mom is, then explains Pink creating her new form of Rose Quartz after faking her shattering and that he is an entirely new life created by Rose giving up her physical form, and while he has her gemstone and some of her powers, he doesn’t have Pink's or Rose Quartz's memories. Yellow remarks that his memories might "be in there somewhere". Blue is surprised at the fact that he and the other Crystal Gems weren't obliterated by the Diamonds' final attack. Steven explains to them that the Gems affected by the attack weren't exactly obliterated but corrupted.
The Gems then warp to Centipeetle's dropship, as Steven proceeds to show the corrupted Centipeetle to the Diamonds. Steven begs the Diamonds to fix her, though they are reluctant, as they have never seen a corrupted Gem before and are unsure where to even begin. Yellow eventually agrees to try, though she makes no promises for success. Yellow uses her power to reform her to her original shape, but her mind remains corrupted. Blue uses her power to revert Centipeetle's mind and voice to a coherent state, though she is stuck in a continuous loop of reliving the moments just before she was corrupted. Steven uses his healing spit to calm her down, allowing her to regain her senses for the first time since her corruption.
Centipeetle, now fully healed, introduces herself as Nephrite Facet-413 Cabochon-12, and apologizes for not "heeding my Hessonite's orders", but she is relieved that the Diamonds are on Earth, believing that they must have defeated Rose Quartz. Yellow and Blue Diamond let go of her out of shame and Nephrite immediately reverts to her corrupted state.
Frustrated, Yellow gripes to Steven about how many "perfectly adequate Gems you had us ruin". Steven is unfazed and demands that they do it again as they clearly have the power to do so. However, Yellow states that it won't work with just the three of them and that they need White Diamond in order for the cure to be permanent. Pearl and Blue Diamond express their doubt about White Diamond's assistance to Steven, adding that White has not left Homeworld in eons. At Steven's insistence, they travel to Rose's Landfill to find Pink Diamond's Ship in order to travel to Homeworld.
The Crystal Gems (aside from Bismuth, who elects to stay behind to watch over the gems of the poofed Lapis Lazuli and Peridot) along with the Diamonds, board the ship and leave the Earth. During their flight, both Diamonds express concern over seeing White and fear her rage, as the revelation that Rose was Pink Diamond means that the events of the last six thousand years have been an "embarrassment". Yellow matter-of-factly advises Steven to let her do the talking when they arrive, as the chances of Steven being listened to are slim.
Upon arrival, the group is surprised to be greeted by crowds of Homeworld Gems who have gathered in front of the landing dock, in a formation resembling the original four-Diamond symbol, to celebrate Pink Diamond's return. Steven is momentarily reassured, as he believes the assembled Gems are on his side, when White Diamond's Pearl suddenly appears before them. White's Pearl informs the group that White Diamond wishes to see "Pink Diamond" but when Yellow and Blue prepare to follow, White's Pearl clarifies that only Pink Diamond's (Steven's) presence is needed. White Pearl then transports Steven directly to White Diamond's ship. White Diamond welcomes Steven―as "Pink" and "Starlight"―home, speaking condescendingly and not listening to anything he says. She then immediately transports him to a pink room full of bubbles overlooking Homeworld, presumably Pink Diamond's old chamber. Steven looks across the plaza at White Diamond's ship.
- Steven Universe
- Blue Diamond
- Yellow Diamond
- Rose Quartz/Pink Diamond (mentioned)
- Connie Maheswaran
- Nephrite/Centipeetle Mother
- Greg Universe
- Dr. Priyanka Maheswaran
- White Pearl (debut)
- White Diamond (debut)
- Doug Maheswaran (non-speaking)
- Buck Dewey (cameo)
- Peedee Fryman (cameo)
- Mr. Fryman (cameo)
- Ronaldo Fryman (cameo)
- Jenny Pizza (cameo)
- Nanefua Pizza (cameo)
- Cat Steven
- Peridot (gemstone only)
- Lapis Lazuli (gemstone only)
- Nephrite's Commander Hessonite (mentioned)
- Nephrite's Crew (mentioned)
- The Famethyst (mentioned)
- Unknown Homeworld Gems
- The Cluster (indirectly mentioned)
- Diamond Ships
- Hot Dog Duffel Bag
- Gem Pedestals
- Rose's Sword (mentioned)
- Gem Homeworld
- Unknown City
- Diamond Docking Bay (debut)
- Trial Room (mentioned)
- Pink Diamond's Room (debut)
- Unknown City
- As of this episode, all four Diamonds and their Pearls have officially debuted.
- It is revealed that Pearl is not the only Pearl who has a gem placement different from her owner's.
- White Pearl's gemstone is located on her navel, while her owner's gemstone is located on her forehead.
- This is the reverse of Pink Diamond and Pearl.
- This is Amethyst and Connie's first visit to Homeworld.
- When Steven and the rest of his group land on Homeworld, the Gems that greet them stand in the color formations that represent the original symbol of the Great Diamond Authority, indicating that these Gems come from the different Courts of each Diamond.
- Before Steven helps Yellow and Blue Diamond heal Nephrite temporarily, Nephrite repeats "No, please, no! No! No! We're all gonna be-". This is most likely what she said immediately before being corrupted.
- White Pearl's hairstyle is similar to the Star Wars character Princess Leia.
- Nephrite's Facet number is 413, the main arc number of the web comic Homestuck. One of the episode storyboard artists, Amber Cragg, is a close friend of Homestuck author Andrew Hussie and is part of the staff producing the spinoff game Hiveswap.
- The title card has pieces of Yellow and Blue Diamond's ships scattered across the beach.
- This episode begins shortly after "Reunited".
- Garnet still has the wedding rings from the previous episode, but apart from that, everyone has changed back into their normal attire and Greg has returned home.
- Lapis and Peridot have not reformed after being poofed by Yellow Diamond in "Reunited".
- The Gem Homeworld has returned since its first appearance in "The Trial".
- Yellow Diamond mentions the eponymous trial when demanding answers from Steven.
- Steven mentions the events of "Monster Reunion".
- Centipeetle is confirmed to be a Nephrite, a type of Gem mentioned to be pilots in "Bismuth" and "Jungle Moon".
- In addition to Gems' distinguishing serial numbers including "Facet" and "Cut", this episode confirms the additional use of "Cabochon" in place of "Cut" in serial numbers like Nephrite's. A cabochon is a gem which has been polished into a rounded shape e.g. Nephrite, Lapis Lazuli, and Aquamarine.
- Nephrite's commander is confirmed to be a Hessonite, a type of Gem previously only mentioned in the game Save the Light (the Gem type of the game's antagonist).
- Rose's Landfill from "Lion 4: Alternate Ending" makes an appearance again.
- At the start of the episode, Garnet attempts to stop Blue Diamond from holding Steven, calling her a "shatterer". Blue Diamond had previously threatened to shatter Ruby in "The Answer" after witnessing Garnet form for the first time.
- Ruby also calls her this in "Gem Heist".
- Throughout the episode, the sclera color of Yellow Diamond's eyes keeps changing between yellow and white.
- Throughout the episode, Blue Diamond's sleeves turn into fingerless gloves on multiple occasions, both with and without exposed thumbs.
- Yellow Diamond uses her left arm to control her ship instead of her right. The ship is modeled like a right arm.
- It is unclear whether or not this is an error since the exact handling of the ships can only be presumed. It could be possible for Yellow Diamond to be able to activate her ship with either arm and only requiring her right arm for take-off and exact movements.
- Steven looks amazed that Nephrite is talking before she talks.
- In one shot inside the ship, when the Gems arrive on Homeworld, the panel Pearl manages is absent.
- When Nephrite identifies herself to Blue and Yellow Diamond, the closed-caption says "Cavachon" instead of "Cabochon".
- During some scenes in Pink Diamond's ship, Connie and Amethyst switch places.
- When White Pearl puts herself and Steven in a Bubble, the Crystal Gems, Blue and Yellow Diamond disappear.
- Although this might not be an error due to different camera angles.
- The second time Steven is interrupted by White Diamond, his standing position has changed. However, as the meeting ends, he is seen back in his original position, despite not walking or moving.
- The credits of the episode have multiple errors and irregularities:
- In the beginning of the episode the Beach House was still partially destroyed, but when Pink Diamond's ship takes off, it appears to be perfectly fine. As these are the house's only depictions so far since its partial destruction in "Reunited", it is unclear whether or not this is an error; it may have been rebuilt off-screen during this episode.
View the episode's transcript here.