In "Hit the Diamond", Peridot reveals that Yellow Diamond is in complete control of Homeworld's military. All her subordinates (except her Pearl, Doc, and Navy) have a small Yellow Diamond on their chests in two symmetrically connecting diagonal black lines. She created the Cluster when Earth was deemed unfit for a colony, due to the Rebellion. She is the supervisor and superior of Jasper, and formerly Peridot.
Blue Diamond became the supervisor of the colonization of Earth, after Pink Diamond was shattered by Rose Quartz. Sapphire was a former member of her court during this time. Following Pink Diamond's shattering, Blue Diamond took over operations of her human zoo in an additional attempt to keep her memory alive. She is still grieving over her shattering, millennia later, as their relationship was described to have been "very close."
Not much is known about her, other than the fact that she was in charge of the Earth colony, and that her symbol is present on the majority of ancient Gem structures. At some point during her reign, she built a human zoo and stole humans from their families, as trophies of her conquests. Her symbol is absent on structures dating as early as the Pyramid Temple, as she was allegedly shattered by Rose Quartz at some point during the Rebellion. Jasper was originally assigned to her as well. She also has a mural in the moon base, along with all the other Diamonds. She is not present in the recent symbol for The Great Diamond Authority.
In the logo of The Great Diamond Authority, a white diamond can be seen as well as the mural depicting her. Not much is known about her or her status. She appears to have spiky hair and her gemstone is placed on her forehead. According to her mural, she had the most colonies when the Moon Base was built; however, it is unknown how many she has now.
A Pearl who serves Yellow Diamond. She is arrogant and somewhat sassy, though she is only fearful of her master Yellow Diamond.
A Pearl who serves Blue Diamond. This Pearl seems to very calm and somewhat apprehensive to her owner. Blue Diamond's Pearl also acts mostly indifferent to her surroundings. She is rather opposite of Yellow Pearl.
A Quartz soldier assigned to escort Peridot on her mission to Earth who participated in the first war for Earth. After attempting to build an army of Corrupted Gems to fight the Crystal Gems, she was defeated by Smoky Quartz, became corrupted, and was eventually poofed and bubbled.
The "Ruby Squad"
A squadron of Ruby soldiers tasked with finding Jasper on Earth. While at the Barn, they are coerced into playing baseball against the Crystal Gems (posing as humans). After later searching for Jasper across the entire Solar System, the Rubies return to Earth and head to the Diamonds' Moon Base. While on the Moon, they are flung into space indefinitely, except Navy who is able to return to Earth, trick the Crystal Gems, and steal back the Roaming Eye.
An Aquamarine sent to Earth by the Diamonds in order to retrieve different "variations" of humans for Pink Diamond's Zoo.
A fusion of two Topazes sent to Earth by the Diamonds in order to retrieve different "variations" of humans for Pink Diamond's Zoo.
Two Zircon Gems were appointed as legal counsel in a trial held on Homeworld. Both served as either the prosecuting or defense attorneys during the course of the proceedings. Both are "poofed" by Yellow Diamond.
- Other Rubies:
- Other Quartz:
- Several Amethysts, supervised by Holly Blue Agate, are seen guarding doors and entering Pink Diamond's Zoo in "Gem Heist" and "The Zoo".
- The Crystal Gems' Amethyst meets a large friendly group of Amethysts and Jaspers (referred to as "the Famethyst") in "That Will Be All."
- Other Unknown Gems
- Nephrite ("Bismuth")
- Morganite ("Off Colors")
- Rhodonite mentions an unknown commander Morganite. This Morganite at some point replaced and outcasted Rhodonite's components after discovering they liked to fuse.
- Unknown Quartz Warrior ("Sworn to the Sword")
- Blue Diamond's Court ("The Answer")
- Pink Diamond's Entourage (mentioned in "The Trial")
- Pink Diamond's Pearl
- Pink Diamond (shattered)
- Jasper (corrupted)
- Centipeetle Mother (corrupted)
- Crystal Gems
- Off Colors
- Lapis Lazuli
The Homeworld Gems first emerged from their home planet billions of years ago. At some point, the Homeworld Gems began to plant and grow more Gems on their home planet, draining the planet's natural nutrients. Because of this, Homeworld Gems set out to colonize other worlds under the leadership of the Diamond Authority.
Over 5,750 years ago, Homeworld Gems under the leadership of Pink Diamond arrived on Earth to colonize the planet. Rose Quartz rebelled against the other Homeworld Gems and began the Rebellion. During this time Blue Diamond and her court arrived on Earth to assist Pink Diamond in stopping the rebels. However, Pink Diamond was shattered towards the end of the Rebellion and Rose was blamed for it.
Due to the loss of leadership and Rose's growing army, Homeworld deemed the planet as unfit for further colonization efforts and began to evacuate the Earth. The Diamonds sent one final attack: the corruption light. All Homeworld Gems who were still evacuating were corrupted alongside the majority of the Crystal Gems.
Post-Rebellion saw the dawn of Era 2. Homeworld Gems produced on Homeworld began to lack basic Gem abilities such as shapeshifting. During this period, Homeworld Gems upgraded their technology such as light-speed space travel.
- Many fans have nicknamed the leader(s) the "Great Diamond Authority" based on Ronaldo's conspiracy theory created in "Keep Beach City Weird". Later, "It Could've Been Great" confirmed this theory.
- Gems in alignment with Homeworld have diamond symbols on their outfits and weapons as opposed to the stars on the Crystal Gems' outfits and weapons.
- This is confirmed in the Guide to The Crystal Gems.
- The diamond symbols are colored off of whichever Diamond the Gem serves. For example, Eyeball, who serves under Yellow Diamond, wears a yellow Diamond, while Holly Blue Agate, who serves underneath Blue Diamond, wears a blue diamond.
- There appear to be exceptions to this rule, as some Gems are known not to wear the Diamond symbol, such as the Zircons, or Blue and Yellow Pearl. In the former's cases, both wear diamond shaped ties, whereas the Pearls have diamond key-hole necklines.
- In "Gem Heist" and "That Will Be All" the Crystal Gems were able to pass off as Homeworld Gems, despite only Amethyst's outfit containing a Diamond.
- In the episode "Bismuth", Bismuth mentions a Gem known as "Nephrite" piloting a Homeworld ship.
- Nephrite gemstones are smooth, green gemstones that are classified as jade.