The Gem Sloop is a small boat with three light blue facet-shaped sails that resemble gems, a dark blue mast, and body.
- A "sloop" is a boat with only one mast (the pole that holds the sail) and a fore-and-aft rig (a sailing rig that is set along the keel line rather than perpendicular to it).
- Because the Gem Sloop has two headsails, it is not a sloop. Boats with two headsails are called cutters.
- The keel is a longitudinal structure under the boat that keeps the boat stabilized.
- A smaller version of it can be seen in the online game, "Heap of Trouble".
- It appears damaged on the cover of Issue 3 of the comic series.