|Friends|| Amethyst |
|Current Residence||Crystal Temple|
|Latest Appearance||"So Many Birthdays"|
Garnet is the tallest and most muscular of the Crystal Gems. She has dark skin and curly black hair that is styled into a cube-shaped afro. Shey almost always wears futuristic shades that cover all three of her eyes (two where a human's eyes are and one in the middle of her forehead). She wears a black and red bodysuit with cube shoulder pads and a pink star on her chest. She also wears long black gloves. Her gemstones are garnets embedded in her palms.
Garnet has a calm, stoic demeanor and rarely speaks more than a few words at a time. She has a British accent. She is the most in touch with the energy of the universe and uses this to summon her weapon. She is the most stable member and is a mentor to Steven.
All Gems have many powers, including the ability to summon a weapon and shapeshift. When Garnet activates her gem, she summons her weapon, gauntlets. She also appears to have psychokinetic abilities. In "Cheeseburger Backpack", it is stated that she is able to sense structural integrity. She can summon her shades at any time.
Steven respects Garnet as a leader and a responsible older sister figure. In return, Garnet tends to have more faith in Steven's plans and ideas than Amethyst and Pearl. She also protects him from their antics and bickering.
While Amethyst is seen to chafe at being told what to do, she will follow orders from Garnet. This shows that Amethyst respects Garnet's leadership abilities and judgment.
Like Amethyst and Steven, Pearl respects Garnet's leadership abilities. While she is occasionally patronizing and condescending to the other Gems, Pearl treats Garnet as an equal.
See Garnet's Quotes
- Garnet is a deep-red or burgundy gem similar to the stones she has on both of her palms.
- In gem-stone mythos, Garnets are known as stones that provide protection to their users from evil.
- The gem on her left hand has a square shaped raise and the gem on her right hand has a triangular shaped one.
- Frybo is the first episode that neither Garnet nor Amethyst appeared in.
- In the transition from the pilot to the series, Garnet underwent minor change. Among these changes are:
- Straight black hair to cubed black afro
- Golden Gauntlets to red Gauntlets
- Gray/black tights to red/black tights
- Dark red shades to light shades
- Top part of bodysuit simplified
- High heel pumps to flats covered by her bodysuit
- Garnet wears her shades to cover up a third eyeball on her forehead.
- Garnet has complete herterochromia, which means each of her eyes are a diferent color. The top being purple, the right navy and the left is, ironicly, garnet.
- Garnet is the only crystal gem with two gems.
- Garnet is the only gem able to swim through lava.
- Garnet believes that violence can solve most things as shown when she tried to help Steven by shaking him.
- Garnet likes to feel important
- The third eye is a mystical and esoteric conecpt referring to a speculative invisible eye which provides perception beyond ordinary sight. This may be the reason Garnet is a very skilled fighter.
- Garnet has the ability to move in bullet-time motion (the matrix). Most likey due to her third eye.
Click here to view the gallery.
| || || || |
|Characters in Steven Universe|