- This article is about the object. For the song, see Cookie Cat (Song) and for the character, see Cookie Cat (Character).
"Cookie Cat" is an ice cream product that first appears in "Gem Glow". The product was discontinued at the beginning of the episode.
The wrapper of the ice cream sandwich is a half vanilla, half strawberry flavored ice cream sandwich, and features an image of the product's mascot, Cookie Cat. Cookie Cats are different from ordinary ice cream sandwiches in that they are shaped like cat heads, has two eye holes in the chocolate exterior, and feature at least two flavors of ice cream — one half of the ice cream is vanilla, while the other half is strawberry.
Cookie Cats are Steven's favorite ice cream sandwich, but Lion Lickers, a similar ice cream product, drives them off the shelves at the Big Donut. The Crystal Gems visited multiple stores and "stole a bunch," according to Amethyst, but Pearl adds that she went back and payed for them all. Garnet claimed it was all her idea. They stashed many Cookie Cats in their freezer for Steven, but in order to save the Crystal Gems, Steven thought that if he ate them all, he might be able to summon his shield.
The Cookie Cat company plays a theme song in their commercials. Steven sings and hums the theme several times throughout the episode. Steven originally believes that the ice cream sandwiches make his gem glow, due to the fact that the gem begins to glow when he eats them, but this turns out to be a mere coincidence.
After warping back home, Steven looks at his Cookie Cat shaped alarm clock after it alerted him that it was time for Beach-a-Palooza.
Steven's Cookie Cat alarm clock is seen again.
In one of Steven's imaginary death scenes, he thought that Cookie Cat returned, now evil, in a spaceship and zaps him to death.
The treat makes its appearance while Uncle Grandpa explains to Steven how he was there during "Gem Glow" when he attempted to sing the Cookie Cat Jingle to activate his Gem. He breaks the fourth wall here appearing on the small Cartoon Network banner below. Uncle Grandpa was not actually present in the episode.
- Despite the product's discontinuation in "Gem Glow," Cookie Cat has been seen in multiple episodes since that episode.
- In the cookie cat song, Steven states that Cookie Cat is a "refugee from an interstellar world", and Garnet, Pearl, and Rose Quartz are refugees from an interstellar world (the Gem homeworld).
- While Steven ate the snack in "Gem Glow," his gemstone glowed for the first time in the series resulting in Steven believing that the treat was the reason why his powers were activated.
- This hints he may summon his weapon while experiencing extreme emotion.
- Although this later turned out to be false, Pearl may have believed this at time since she questioned the ingredients of Cookie Cat after Steven made the claim.
- During Steven's episode of paranoia in "Future Vision," he imagines being visited by Cookie Cat piloting a UFO. Cookie Cat turns out to be evil and kills him with a laser blast.
- Given its appearance, it is most likely similar to Neapolitan ice cream.
- In the episode "Gem Glow," when Steven sings the "Cookie Cat Rap" behind him a cookie cat is shown with a more pale looking cookie casing, it's reasonable to assume the cookie part of the cookie cat is vanilla flavored.
- Several types of Cookie Cats appear in the game "Attack the Light." All types recover harmony for one Gem in varying amounts.
- The original restores 10 harmony.
- One of these types is a mint flavor that restores 50 harmony.
- Another type is "Cookie Cat Bites," which restores harmony over a few turns.
- Both new types have yet to appear in the show.
Click here to view the gallery.