I don't know what will happen in the future, but if something dangerous comes along, I don't want to be a burden, I want to help, I want to be there for Steven to fight by his side! The Earth is my home too, can't I help protect it?
|—Connie- "Sworn to the Sword"|
Connie is a young girl with brown skin and waist-length dark brown puffy hair. She has a prominent nose, thick eyebrows, and wears a pair of red lens-less glasses (with rose-colored lenses until "An Indirect Kiss"). She is slightly taller than Steven.
Connie is usually seen in a variety of different outfits and dresses. She usually wears light blue, green, and white clothing. In the first intro, she is seen wearing a white and seafoam-green dress with her peach colored boots but with a sunhat and no socks. Her glasses also have the lenses still in. Her casual wear includes blue overalls with a green-striped white shirt; a green shirt and gray khaki shorts; a white shirt which has a golden sun on the chest area, with blue shorts and dark pink flats; a pink shirt with blue shorts, and her boots; a sleeveless sky-blue dress with a pale violet lace around her waist, and powder blue flats.
Connie is introverted, as well as curious and intelligent. Due to her parents' lifestyle, specifically her father's, Connie rarely stays in one place for long and has been unable to form lasting friendships, which left her frequently feeling lonely. Her parents are very strict and don't allow her to participate in common childhood activities (such as eating donuts or anything with trans fats). This has led her to flat-out lie about Steven's non-nuclear family, due to paranoia at how they may react. Despite her obedience to her parents, Connie is not above exploiting loopholes, such as not buying snacks at a theater and instead bringing them from Steven's home.
Connie has grown used to the strange dynamic of her friendship with Steven despite her initial uncertainty of it, as in "Marble Madness" when the Gems destroy one of Peridot's robots in front of her, she reacts passively and only comments that she loves hanging out at Steven's place. She can be a bit deadpan at times, such as when she jokes about cutting off Steven's hand in "Lion 2: The Movie" and in that same instance quickly understands that by poking/tickling Steven she could provoke a reaction from Rose's Secret Armory. Her hobbies appear to include tennis and reading, and she also plays the violin, as seen in "Fusion Cuisine".
"Sworn to the Sword" shows a more confident and aggressive side to her personality as she learns how to use a sword. It also highlights her strong feelings for Steven in her (misguided) devotion to him in becoming a knight.
- Swordsmanship: As of Sworn to the Sword, Connie has become skilled in the art of sword-fighting. She was able to work in partnership with Steven and his shield. She can attack swiftly with light attacks or with power in heavy attacks.
- Tag-team Combat: Due to the close bond they share, Connie is able to coordinate her swordplay perfectly with Steven's shield and barrier powers, such as fighting back-to-back to defend and attack simultaneously or jumping off of Steven's shield to add extra power to her lunges.
|Connie wears a white and aqua-blue sundress with a darker blue sash separating the white half from the aqua-blue half. She coordinates her dress with peach colored boots and a tan sun hat with a brown strip across the top. She also wears her glasses in the opening theme.||"Theme Song (season 1)"|
"Full Disclosure" (Photo)
|Connie wears a sky-blue t-shirt and pale-gray jean shorts. She wears her glasses and peach tennis shoes.||"An Indirect Kiss"|
|Connie wears a white and light mint-green striped shirt and full body overalls and wears peach tennis shoes. In one episode, she doesn't wear her glasses.||"Lion 2: The Movie"|
"Sworn to the Sword"
|Connie wears a sky-blue t-shirt and gray jean shorts. She wears her glasses and peach tennis shoes with a sky-blue visor.||"Mirror Gem"|
|Connie wears a pale yellow t-shirt with a mustard-yellow sun design on it and jean shorts. She wears her glasses and peach tennis shoes.||"Ocean Gem"|
|Connie wears a white and mint green dress with a mint green bow at the top. She wears her glasses and yellow knee high socks with peach boots.||"Bubble Buddies"|
|Connie wears a lavender t-shirt with gray jean shorts. She wears her glasses and peach boots.||"Fusion Cuisine"|
|Connie wears a grey shirt with a white high-shoulder blazer and gray dress pants with a lavender belt. She wears her glasses and peach flats.|
|Connie wears a cyan dress with a periwinkle sash tied into a side knot. In one episode, she wears her glasses and blue ballet shoes.||"Alone Together"|
|Connie wears a sky blue trench coat with white pockets and cuffs. She also wears a puffy, lavender fur-scarf, lavender gloves, and dark blue stockings. She wears sky blue snow boots to coordinate with her coat.||"Winter Forecast"|
|Connie wears a light-blue night gown with a purple and white collar and a white fringe at the bottom. She doesn't wear her glasses or shoes.|
|Connie wears a yellow t-shirt and full body overalls. She doesn't wear her glasses and wears peach tennis shoes with a peach cap turned backwards.||"Marble Madness"|
|Connie wears a dull-blue dress with a white collar and yellow flats. She's also wearing her glasses.|
|Connie wears a green dress-shirt over a blue shirt with light-blue pants and large brown boots. She also wears a cape, an eye patch, a belt, a glove on her left hand and bandage wrapped around her right arm.||"Open Book"|
|Connie wears a white and blue-striped shirt with blue jeans and white shoes. Her glasses are hanging from the collar of her shirt.||"Love Letters"|
|Connie wears a white, sleeveless shirt with a collar and button-up neck, blue shorts, peach shoes and a glow bracelet.||"We Are The Crystal Gems"|
|Connie wears a light-blue sleeveless top with a white collar and white buttons that stop above her waist. She also wears a dark blue knee high skirt and white flats. She goes without her glasses.||"Sworn to the Sword"|
|Connie wears a blue Kalari with a red sash, a bandage on her face and wrapped around right hand, with braided hair. She goes without her glasses.|
RelationshipsAn Indirect Kiss" and "Alone Together" (in the latter of which Steven and Connie accidently fuse, forming Stevonnie ) . Connie has demonstrated that she cares deeply for Steven, such as in "Full Disclosure" when she repeatedly called and visited him to make sure he was okay, even going as far as to say she wanted to "be a part of his universe", and since "Sworn to the Sword" Connie has shown interest in joining Steven in his adventures with the Gems, training with Pearl to defend him.
Connie is very loyal to her parents. While they tend to be strict, they want the best for her, and want her to be smart, orderly, and healthy. She closely follows their orders, but does occasionally exploit loopholes or even lies to them to get away with something if absolutely necessary. In the episode "We Need to Talk", Connie reveals that her parents do not know of her adventures with Steven. This may be because of her fear that her parents will prevent her from seeing Steven due to the huge risk she willingly submits to every time they hang out.
"Nightmare Hospital" explores Connie's relationship with her mother in more detail. Connie is prone to lying to her mother about her adventures with Steven, who is very strict with her, enforcing many rules on her that she never retracts for any reason. She remains untrusting of Connie when they and Steven are cornered by Gem fusion experiments at the hospital. However, after the ordeal, she agrees to be more accepting of Steven's influence in her life and much less micromanaging about Connie's life, although it is currently unknown how Mr. Maheswaran reacts to Steven's influence on Connie.
Connie is on good terms with the Crystal Gems. In "Bubble Buddies", they were excited to meet her. Pearl says in "Full Disclosure" that she doesn't understand human relationships when she is looking for Steven.
Connie has not been shown to have any extended interaction with the Gems with the exception of Pearl, with whom she shares a mutually respectful mentor-student relationship since "Sworn to the Sword", where she also convinced Pearl to teach her swordfighting by appearing very passionate about staying by Steven's side to fight with him, which clearly struck a chord with Pearl.
- "Bubble Buddies" (debut)
- "Lion 2: The Movie"
- "An Indirect Kiss"
- "Mirror Gem"
- "Ocean Gem"
- "Fusion Cuisine"
- "Alone Together"
- "Winter Forecast"
- "Marble Madness"
- "Open Book"
- "The Return" (mentioned)
- "Jail Break" (voice only)
- "Full Disclosure"
- "Love Letters"
- "Sworn to the Sword"
- "We Need to Talk"
- "Chille Tid" (mentioned)
- "Cry for Help" (mentioned)
- "Nightmare Hospital"
- "We Are The Crystal Gems" (cameo)
- Connie’s surname, Maheswaran, means “Lord of Universe” in Hindi and is also traditionally a Tamil surname. 
- Both of Connie's parents are Indian-American.
- Connie appears in the title sequence as the "Mr. Universe" van drives by. She holds the book A Wrinkle in Time.
- In the second intro, she is shown wielding Rose's Sword and an unknown, large book with a bookmark inside.
- She is able to write backwards. This is seen in the very short amount of time it took her to write "Harpoon Gun" on the inside of the bubble in "Bubble Buddies".
- It is revealed in "Lion 2: The Movie" that Connie plays tennis, and is shown describing it as the only thing that she remotely enjoys in her life.
- According to writer Matt Burnett, Connie is of Indian heritage.
- Following the events of "An Indirect Kiss", Connie can now see normally without her glasses thanks to the healing powers in Steven's saliva. Because she wants to avoid confrontation with her parents and optometrist about this, she takes out the lenses of her glasses and wears the frames instead.
- It is possible she will no longer wear the frames after revealing this to her mother in "Nightmare Hospital".
- It is revealed in "Mirror Gem" that Connie plays violin.
- In "Alone Together" and "We Need to Talk ", she fused with Steven to form Stevonnie.
- She is also revealed to be embarrassed to dance in public, suggesting her social anxiety.
- She is the only known human who has successfully fused with a Gem, an event that Greg and the Crystal Gems marveled at, since the feat has never been accomplished to their knowledge.
- She lives outside of Beach City, as shown in "Winter Forecast", when Mr. Maheswaran said: "I'm almost at Beach City, so start putting on your shoes."
- In "Winter Forecast", Connie says "itadakimasu", a Japanese word said before eating. This implies that Connie knows some Japanese or is a fan of Japanese culture.
- Steven is Connie's first and only friend, as mentioned in "Bubble Buddies" when she said she was going to disappear without making a single friend.
- Connie may be a reference to the King of the Hill character of the same name.
- Connie from King of the Hill and Connie from Steven Universe coincidentally both play the violin.
- They both also have very strict parents.
- Connie is the character to have worn the most outfits in the show, second only to Steven, as she seems to wear something different every episode.
- This contrasts the typical cartoon character that wears the same outfit every episode.
- In "Sworn to the Sword", Connie's outfit and fighting style were inspired by Kalaripayattu.
- She wields a sword resembling the Khanda, a sword typically used in the style.
- Her hairstyle is a braid typically worn by female Kalaripayattu practitioners.
- Connie has sung two duets, "The Jam Song" with Steven and "Do It For Her" with Pearl, both in "Sworn to the Sword".
- Connie is the second human shown to enter Rose's Room, the first being Steven.
- However, she is the first pure human to do so, due to Steven being a hybrid.
- Connie is shown to be ambidextrous in the episode "Sworn to the Sword". When she is training, she is seen holding her sword with her right hand; when she fights Pearl with Steven, she is using her left hand.
- The majority of her outfits have either white, blue, light-blue, mint, and peach shoes or boots.
- It has been revealed by Ian Jones-Quartey that Connie's age may be revealed in an upcoming episode.
- Connie is the second pure human to defeat a Gem, after Sadie.
- She is, however, the first pure human to defeat a Cluster Gem.
- Despite saying her family moves around a lot, she has kept the same home for well over a year.
Click here to view the gallery.