|Voiced by||Michaela Dietz|
|Enemies|| Lapis Lazuli|
|Alias||The Purple Puma|
|Current Residence||Crystal Temple|
|Latest Appearance||"Island Adventure"|
Amethyst has long, very pale, light-purple hair which covers her left eye, plump lips and lilac-purple skin, and a heavier build than the other Crystal Gems. She wears a dark purple, off-shoulder tunic with a black tank top underneath, black leggings with a star shape cut out on her knees, a smaller rip above the cut out on the left leg, and white boots. Her gem stone is an amethyst which is embedded in her chest. She is slightly taller than Steven but shorter than the other Crystal Gems. In "Beach Party", she wears a dark violet tank top, pale green fanny pack, lavender shorts, and has her hair in a ponytail.
Amethyst is fun and care-free. Loud and full of laughter, she finds everything amusing, but can be very emotional and isn't afraid to act on impulse. She has overall bad manners, including chewing with her mouth open and picking her nose. She doesn't like her things to be neat, as shown when Pearl cleans up her room, only for her to make it a mess again in "Together Breakfast" and claims to have a system for it. In relation to Steven, she tends to indulge him more and partake in activities with him. She is the Crystal Gem who is the hardest to crack in emotional situations. She also has a funny chuckle which is exposed when she's having fun. She seems to love food, as she is seen eating far more than the other Gems (even though Gems don't need to eat).
All Gems have the ability to summon a weapon, shapeshift, fuse with other Gems, and retreat into their Gems after becoming injured to heal. Activating her gem summons an energy whip. She can fuse with Pearl to form Opal, as seen in "Giant Woman", and Garnet to form Sugilite in "Coach Steven".
Amethyst acts as a sister to Steven and is often seen hanging out with him, eating with him, and occasionally annoying him. She and Steven seem to have the most similar personalities and as a result get along very well. Despite their sibling-esque nature, Amethyst teased Steven in "An Indirect Kiss" for caring about her.
While Amethyst often does whatever she wants to do, she will listen and take orders from Garnet. She dislikes being told what to do, but she respects Garnet's leadership abilities and judgment. Amethyst can also fuse with Garnet to make Sugilite.
Amethyst and Pearl have vastly different personalities and Pearl is often seen scolding Amethyst. In return, Amethyst sometimes will tease her and generally get on her nerves. She does, however, care about Pearl as a team mate and friend. Pearl and Amethyst can fuse to make Opal.
- Amethyst's weapon doesn't appear in many episodes.
- Amethyst is the Birthstone of February.
- She likes to dance silly for fusing with Pearl to form Opal in "Giant Woman", but in "Coach Steven", she is dancing seriously with Garnet.
- She is one of the characters whose design changed from the pilot to the series, Amethyst's design changed the least besides Steven. These changes inculde:
- Removal of gold ring around gem.
- Her top changed from long-sleeved to strap-like.
- Circle shaped holes in her leggings changed to star shaped.
- Removal of hair clip.
- Boots changed from fold-over to regular.
- Removal of fanny pack, though it makes an appearance in "Beach Party".
- From a darker skin tone to a lighter one.
- The amethyst stone is often associated with the Greek god Dionysus, the god of wine and intoxication. This could be the reason behind her impulsive and self-indulgent nature.
- She has a funny chuckle, "huh-HEH," which she often exclaims when having fun like in the episodes "Cat Fingers" and "So Many Birthdays."
- "Frybo" is the first episode that neither Amethyst nor Garnet appeared in.
- She has shapeshifted multiple times into a variety of different objects and living things:
- At New York Comic Con, Rebecca Sugar revealed that Amethyst's designs and color palette are based off of Adventure Time's Lumpy Space Princess due to her earlier work on that show.
- The amethyst on her chest is faceted with a hexagonal shape.
- Although Pearl claims that all Gems can shapeshift, Amethyst is the only Gem that regularly seen shapeshifting.
- It is revealed in "Steven the Sword Fighter" that out of all the gems, Amethyst usually ends up getting hurt and having to retreat to her gem to regenerate the most.
- Amethyst revealed that she can't shapeshift when she is freaking out.
- Amethyst is the only Gem not shown crying.
- Amethyst is the only Gem not shown bubbling a gem or an item.
- Amethyst is shown blushing for the first time in "An Indirect Kiss". Her blushes are shown to be a darker purple.
- Amethyst possibly knows Spanish as she says "Mi Torta" in "Monster Buddies". Which translates to ''My cake''.
- Amethyst and Sugilite are the only Gems who haven't been seen bubbling away a gemstone.
- Amethyst is the only gem to fuse twice so far.
- Rebecca has revealed in a interview that Amethyst's room is the closest to her actual lifestyle.
- Amethyst is seen pulling her weapon the least as she fights better when shapeshifting.
Click here to view the gallery.
| || || || |
|Characters in Steven Universe|