|Voiced by||Michaela Dietz|
|Current Residence||Crystal Temple|
|Latest Appearance||"So Many Birthdays"|
Amethyst has long, very pale, light-purple hair which covers her left eye, big lips and lilac-purple skin, with a heavier build than the other Crystal Gems. She wears a dark purple, off-shoulder tunic with a black bra underneath, black leggings, and white boots. There are star-shaped holes cut out of her leggings. Her gem stone is an amethyst which is embedded in her chest. She is slightly taller than Steven.
Amethyst is fun and care-free. Loud and full of laughter, she finds everything amusing, but can be very emotional and isn't afraid to act on impulse. She has overall bad manners, including chewing with her mouth open and picking her nose. She doesn't like her things to be neat, as shown when Pearl cleans up her room, only for her to make it a mess again in "Together Breakfast". In relation to Steven, she tends to indulge him more and partake in activities with him. She is the Crystal Gem who is the hardest to crack in emotional situations.
All Gems have many powers, including the ability to summon a weapon and shapeshift. Activating her crystal gem summons an energy whip. Amethyst shapeshifts much more often than the other Gems. She can fuse with Pearl to form Opal, as seen in "Giant Woman".
Amethyst acts as a sister to Steven and is often seen hanging out with him, eating with him, and occasionally annoying him. She and Steven seem to have the most similar personalities and as a result get along very well.
While Amethyst often does whatever she wants to do she will listen and take orders from Garnet. She dislikes being told what to do, but she respects Garnet's leadership abilities and judgment.
Amethyst and Pearl have vastly different personalities and Pearl is seen scolding her often. In return, Amethyst sometimes will tease her and generally get on her nerves. She does, however, care about Pearl as a teammate and friend. Also, Pearl and Amethyst can merge to make Opal.
- Of the characters whose design changed from the pilot to the series, Amethyst's design changed the least besides Steven. These changes inculde:
- Her top changed from long-sleeved to strap-like.
- Circle shaped holes in her leggings changed to star shaped.
- Removal of hair clip.
- Boots changed from fold-over to regular.
- Removal of fanny pack.
- From a darker skin tone to a lighter one.
- The amethyst stone is often associated with the Greek god Dionysus, the god of wine and intoxication. This could be the reason behind her impulsive and self-indulgent nature.
- Frybo is the first episode that neither Amethyst nor Garnet appeared in.
- She has shapeshifted multiple times into a variety of different objects and living things:
- At New York Comic Con, Rebecca Sugar revealed that Amethyst's designs and color palette are based off of Adventure Time's Lumpy Space Princess due to her earlier work on that show.
- The Amethyst on her chest has a hexagonal shaped raise
Click here to view the gallery.
| || || || |
|Characters in Steven Universe|